Id please??

Hordesofplecos

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2018
damn you beat me to it definitely a spotted orange seam I've got a L076 orange seam
He looks it from my Google searches. Well I was told this guy would be 8+ inches and I'm seeing now if indeed an l106 he will be small like our rubberlip. Will he be ok in a 180 with a currently small l090 long term? Or in my 20 long with my green neons? Or do I give him the 180 to himself.. I don't think my rubberlip would mind sharing the 55 he lives under a rock cave he built in the corner but I believe the temp would be an issue for one or the other.

Hordesofplecos

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2018
His spots are becoming more pronounced as time passes I'm going to try to get a better picture he's scuttling around atm

Hordesofplecos

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2018
Anyone see l259? I couldn't get a picture this morning she's out and about but less than 2 inches and pretty active but here's a more recent one. Her spots seem to be getting more white her yellow a bit more rich. A bit of blue to the tail maybe?

MVIMG_20181112_211248.jpg IMG_20181113_090303.jpg

Hordesofplecos

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2018
Th
That's what she looks most like to me but I'm pretty new to plecos. Much smaller than i was intending but super cute. Would she be comfortable long term in a 20 long with sparkling gourami? Or can I put her in the 180 with a larger pleco? She can have the 180 to herself if necessary our intention was to get a medium sized tropical compatible pleco at a small size and watch it grow.

DHarris

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 17, 2015
Los Angeles
I've had several of them in the past. My largest was only 4 or 5", I've never seen bigger.
I don't think you need to worry about it ever hitting 8".

I think it'd be a great little pleco for a 20L. If you're wanting something grow out, this probably isn't going to be the fish.

What larger plecos are in your 180? Another similar species that looks great, is peaceful and gets about the size you were originally told this one would is the L075.

Hordesofplecos

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2018
I've had several of them in the past. My largest was only 4 or 5", I've never seen bigger.
I don't think you need to worry about it ever hitting 8".

I think it'd be a great little pleco for a 20L. If you're wanting something grow out, this probably isn't going to be the fish.

What larger plecos are in your 180? Another similar species that looks great, is peaceful and gets about the size you were originally told this one would is the L075.
No one yet this was our first venture into "large" plecos. We do have a rubberlip but i don't think it looks like he's temp compatible with this one. We were looking at a vampire pleco and a royal and picked her up instead.

stuby

Exodon
MFK Member
Oct 7, 2011
Big Rapids, Michigan
It's a L106..... pictured is one of mine at ~5.5" TL. He's closer to 6" now but I would think he is about done growing.... females are slightly smaller

IMG_1914_opt.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store