Id please??

thefredpit

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
United States
He looks it from my Google searches. Well I was told this guy would be 8+ inches and I'm seeing now if indeed an l106 he will be small like our rubberlip. Will he be ok in a 180 with a currently small l090 long term? Or in my 20 long with my green neons? Or do I give him the 180 to himself.. I don't think my rubberlip would mind sharing the 55 he lives under a rock cave he built in the corner but I believe the temp would be an issue for one or the other.
Of the 3 royals I've owned they only have had issues with each other and a large striped raphael that didn't want to give up his spot. As far as I see if the tank is kept around 77-78 he should do fine with the rubberlip

that looks to be a sunshine pleco to me
sunshine plecos have a bigger portion of their fins colored and crisper spots

thefredpit

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
United States
No one yet this was our first venture into "large" plecos. We do have a rubberlip but i don't think it looks like he's temp compatible with this one. We were looking at a vampire pleco and a royal and picked her up instead.
personally I've never been a huge fan of the regular vampire plecos, but I do love their cousins the golden vampire, sultan pleco, and the three beacon

Hordesofplecos

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2018
personally I've never been a huge fan of the regular vampire plecos, but I do love their cousins the golden vampire, sultan pleco, and the three beacon
I like the three beacon he is lovely. I just saw a l137 on here and he looks awesome. My 2 lfs have decent variety I have seen royals l90, l190, l191, rhinos, blue and green phantoms, vampires, rusty plecos, commons, sailfins, different good spotted variety, mustard spot plecos, rubber nose, bristle nose of many variety, Titanic, and good nuggets.

Hordesofplecos

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2018
I like the three beacon he is lovely. I just saw a l137 on here and he looks awesome. My 2 lfs have decent variety I have seen royals l90, l190, l191, rhinos, blue and green phantoms, vampires, rusty plecos, commons, sailfins, different good spotted variety, mustard spot plecos, rubber nose, bristle nose of many variety, Titanic, and good nuggets.
Gold nuggets, good spotted not good lol sorry for typos. My bf really likes the royals and l137 for the cool eyes as well as the blue eyed plec but he's a little too rich for our blood as well as I keep hearing they are extra territorial and sometimes agressive to community fish. No ty to that.

thefredpit

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
United States
Gold nuggets, good spotted not good lol sorry for typos. My bf really likes the royals and l137 for the cool eyes as well as the blue eyed plec but he's a little too rich for our blood as well as I keep hearing they are extra territorial and sometimes agressive to community fish. No ty to that.
I've got an L137 and he is by far one of my favorites. He is also the best algae eater I have ever had and the least aggressive pleco in the tank. My Royals are only aggressive with each other but they are still a little small for royals at 6" and 7"

Hordesofplecos

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2018
I've got an L137 and he is by far one of my favorites. He is also the best algae eater I have ever had and the least aggressive pleco in the tank. My Royals are only aggressive with each other but they are still a little small for royals at 6" and 7"
Good to know. Was he hard to find/expensive?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store