ID Please.

i Aqua

M.A.N. Community Vendor
Community Vendor
Nov 20, 2020
Valencia California
www.iaquacarbon.com
Yesterday morning I was cleaning my aquarium FX6 filter in my backyard when I saw this lizard. I've seen many and I mean different lizards in our backyard but I never seen a lizard so beautiful. Can someone ID this dragon!!! That's what I named him. Lol. I only got a chance to take one picture and video before it split under the plants.

8D865ED8-BC87-4326-9A0E-91D3A903333A.jpeg

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
Yesterday morning I was cleaning my aquarium FX6 filter in my backyard when I saw this lizard. I've seen many and I mean different lizards in our backyard but I never seen a lizard so beautiful. Can someone ID this dragon!!! That's what I named him. Lol. I only got a chance to take one picture and video before it split under the plants.

View attachment 1466506
Blue tailed skink. Used to catch these guys a couple years ago at my grandparents house but one day they suddenly disappeared from my area and haven’t seen them since.

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
thank you for the info. I have never seen such a beautafil backyard lizard before. I am trying to post the video as well but not having luck lol
To post a video you have to upload it to YouTube and then at the top of the reply box where the button is to post a picture to the left of it is a chain looking thing and you insert the link to the YouTube video into there

Reactions: tlindsey and i Aqua

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
Yep it’s a blue tailed skink. Common pet and also a common lizard throughout America.

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
I think they’re native to Australia actually. I remember chasing after these things thinking I was going faster than light just for the thing to run into a hole or up a wall lol
Ah yes. You are right. There is a different skink in America (just looked it up), the 5 lined skink, in which the juvies have blue tails.
It’s amazing how fast lizards are, all species (except cresties) can disappear and reappear somewhere else in a blink of an eye. Especially the skittish guys like skinks or anoles.

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
Ah yes. You are right. There is a different skink in America (just looked it up), the 5 lined skink, in which the juvies have blue tails.
It’s amazing how fast lizards are, all species (except cresties) can disappear and reappear somewhere else in a blink of an eye. Especially the skittish guys like skinks or anoles.
Anoles are fun to catch down In the Carolinas really interesting lizards too because the males have I think it’s called a dewlap and they’re really colorful. I think they’re used to attract females

i Aqua

M.A.N. Community Vendor
Community Vendor
Nov 20, 2020
Valencia California
www.iaquacarbon.com
oh yaaaa! I tried to catch him and he was gone in a sec. I was mostly afraid to kill him by accident so I just stopped chasing him lol

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
oh yaaaa! I tried to catch him and he was gone in a sec. I was mostly afraid to kill him by accident so I just stopped chasing him lol
These lizards are surprisingly strong lol I don’t think you could accidentally kill it if you tried unless you had something sharp or blunt and heavy. Once I saw a blue tailed skink at my grandparents house digging in a hole fighting a snake and kill it. The skink was maybe 6” long. And it’s tail was an inch thick almost

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store