jonah h2o

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 2, 2016
san diego California
strongly considering a 60gallon cube tank 24" x 24" x 24" I would do it heavily planted but not totally sure how I would aquascape it, I've seen a lot of people use cube tanks like this for saltwater but not freshwater as often wondering if a cube tank is really what I should get or if I should go with a rectangular rimless. if anyone has pictures of one that would be awesome. anyway heres the tank.

http://www.marinedepot.com/Mr._Aqua...nk_Cube-Mr._Aqua-AZ1133-FIAQRC-AZ1139-vi.html

fisheatfish

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2008
OC, CA
I love the idea of a cubed planted tank. Depending on what you want to grow, the height of your tank may require some intense lighting to penetrate to the substrate.

This tank I have is almost a cube at 20" X 18" and 20" tall...approximately 30 gallons. The light fixture I have for it just isn't enough to to grow out a carpet but strong enough to burn new growth from the java fern I had in there. I converted it into a shrimp tank with java moss and anubias so far:
image.jpeg

The same tank was used to house a pair of discus:
image.jpeg

The same moss wall that was with the discus...now growing out nicely in my 75 gallon under more intense lighting:
image.jpeg

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

jonah h2o

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 2, 2016
san diego California
I love the idea of a cubed planted tank. Depending on what you want to grow, the height of your tank may require some intense lighting to penetrate to the substrate.

This tank I have is almost a cube at 20" X 18" and 20" tall...approximately 30 gallons. The light fixture I have for it just isn't enough to to grow out a carpet but strong enough to burn new growth from the java fern I had in there. I converted it into a shrimp tank with java moss and anubias so far:
View attachment 1221853

The same tank was used to house a pair of discus:
View attachment 1221854

The same moss wall that was with the discus...now growing out nicely in my 75 gallon under more intense lighting:
View attachment 1221855

yeah, I was thinking about a finnex light but maybe it needs something stronger thanks I wouldn't have thought of that.

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Look up some of the ADA competition tanks for ideas, infact visited an LFS today with lots of square tanks that were all amazingly aquascaped...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store