If it aint 200 gallons or bigger you better park it!

UnstoppableJayD

MFK NNJ
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2012
Northern NJ
I was going to buy a 180 until i saw this thread....so i had to be part of it....so here is my 210.. still a bit cloudy but clearing every day!

Sent from my TC970 (Wi-Fi) using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

uploadfromtaptalk1342661842682.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1342661875265.jpg

Dan F

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 10, 2007
Oregon
I was going to buy a 180 until i saw this thread....so i had to be part of it....so here is my 210.. still a bit cloudy but clearing every day!

Sent from my TC970 (Wi-Fi) using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Nice. I like the extra height of a 210 a lot.

pacu mom

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2006
northern CA
Tank still not set up. 7 month hiatus while we contemplate the feasibility of a background. Summer is now interfering. Tank is now in-wall, but the trim is not finished or painted.

Luc70

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2009
Bangkok, Thailand
Pacu Mom, every time I see that picture my mouth drops open from amazement.
This is pure art, stunning in every sense.

Personally, I'd not go with anything in the tank, only use a single color spray-painted back and sides. As for color, 2 choices, a contrasting color with your Pacu's or the same light (white/off-white or maybe very light grey) color as your room.

With this very light and perfectly crafted room, I'd want only the two Pacu's to pop out and get attention. They are the show pieces, like a painting. You don't put a frame around a painting that distracts from the painting itself. You want to the frame to be a bridge with its surroundings, the wall it is hanging on, blending it with the wall and at the same time causing the painting to pop out to the foreground.

Your Pacu's are the painting, the rest is the frame holding it.

Good luck and look forward to see the end result.

Cheers,
Luc

pacu mom

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2006
northern CA
I know. The back of the tank has 1/2" black lamination on the inside. It's a beautiful black. I went through the trouble to find 1 1/2" black PVC pipe, and now I want to cover it all up. If the background thing doesn't work out we will be going back to the original plan. Meanwhile we have lost 7 months.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store