If you could only have ONE TANK

MonsterMinis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2009
Wisconsin
10' X 6' x 3' .. keep my current stock.. 3x fire eels and 2x florida gar. I'de prolly add a pair of rays. retics/teacups just for fun. And a few more gars..

zenyoungkoh

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2010
so cal and singapore
10'x6'x4' pond with 1x black aro 2x oscar 1x tig catfish 2x Pbass 6x firemouth 6x geo altifron 6x exodons 50x guppies with fake trees coming up so it looks like a flooded forest

Morledzep

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2007
where my cichla are
ok.. fantasy time.. but i don't think i can stick to the $5K limit.. lol.

10X10 room, so the tank would have to be built into the walls on 3 sides. the room would have to be VERY well insulated. would have to be a minimum of 4ft deep and probably half the room wide.. so 5 ft wide. only the front side would actually be acrylic, obviously very thick, probably 2" (i would need to see that conversion table to be sure).

i would probably convert 2 or 3 55 gallon barrels into filters. and my stock would be cichla ocellaris, temensis and orinocensis, w/c silver aros, a TSN or maybe 2. and some big bichers (still learning about which ones get bigger and which don't).

the steel tank guy gave me an idea about the water change issue.. i like the way he did the drain on his tank, i would probably put something like that on the outside of the wall that the tank is built into and use that water to water my vegetable garden. fish poo is great fertilizer. and there would have to be a whole house R/O system so i can refill the tank quickly and not have to use chemicals.

see.. told ya it wouldn't make the $5K limit.. lol.

zenyoungkoh

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2010
so cal and singapore
zenyoungkoh;4590415; said:
10'x6'x4' pond with 1x black aro 2x oscar 1x tig catfish 2x Pbass 6x firemouth 6x geo altifron 6x exodons 50x guppies with fake trees coming up so it looks like a flooded forest
OH yah more edits, and It will be filter by a 150 gallon stock tank outside the room. The water would then be pumped from the stock tank into 5x 9 ft spray bars on the roof that simulate rain :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store