Illegal Ray? in california?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ucng

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2009
San Jose, CA
I read somewhere that stingrays were illegal or just really hard to get into california is this true? is there anyway to do so.(if it is legal of course)

justonemoretank

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2009
Virginia

blacktip

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 22, 2005
Cali
Not all rays are illegal, but all of the common aquarium rays are. The freshwater atlantic stingrays from Florida are legal here.

ucng

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2009
San Jose, CA
haha i find that so funny... the first three from the list are quite long and then california's list is like 4 times the size of the previous ones :(

ucng

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2009
San Jose, CA
"Restrictions- The following U.S. states have restrictions on freshwater stingrays. They are either illegal to own or you need proper permits (usually only for educational or research reasons).:
Arizona
Arkansas
California
Florida
Georgia
Hawaii
Nevada
Oklahoma
Texas
Utah"

out of fifty states and it has to be my state that it is illegal in. Does anyone know of a stingray that IS allowed in Cali. Thanks guys.

famous323

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 5, 2008
LONG BEACH, CA
ucng;3510730; said:
"Restrictions- The following U.S. states have restrictions on freshwater stingrays. They are either illegal to own or you need proper permits (usually only for educational or research reasons).:
Arizona
Arkansas
California
Florida
Georgia
Hawaii
Nevada
Oklahoma
Texas
Utah"

out of fifty states and it has to be my state that it is illegal in. Does anyone know of a stingray that IS allowed in Cali. Thanks guys.
Atlantic stingray

Gr8KarmaSF

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
Quarantine Tank
EDIT - Anymore promotion of illegal activities will result in a vacation....

Gr8KarmaSF

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
Quarantine Tank
Stop derailing this thread....

reverse;3511522; said:
I would think that posting a picture of an illegal fish, by an individual that is known to live in an illegal state would be a form of promotion. It basically says, yes the animal is illegal in my area, I have posted that I live in this area, and I chose to flaunt the fact that I have this fish. Kind of like saying look at my Asian arro, I live in the US but I have one, as an example. You would be promoting the illegal possession of that fish.

Of course this is just my thoughts on the subject, but it does open up a can of worms...........

Sometimes it is hard to have a hard fast rule on illegality, if people are allowed to post their illegal fish, yes?

You can promote yourself to jail time all you want, but dont encourage or promote others, there are young fish keepers here who should be taught some form of responsiblity. At some point they will make their own choices on whether or not to post. Think whatever you want but this is the decision by Admin. feel free to start your own forum if you like.

No response is needed or required from you at this point, but if you feel the need to respond to me feel free to PM me. Stop derailing this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store