Imperial loach

evabug1

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2010
Milky Way
Links provided are a good start. All I know is what I've read. Crazy amount of water flow, aeration, and pristine water conditions. Difficult loach to keep alive from what I hear. You might check out a Facebook group called Loach Fanatics and ask people there for info.

Andyg719

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2015
scroll down to this blog that I started a few years ago that never finished, it documents the few trips my friend and I took to find these elusive loaches. If you've been around the hobby, these loaches were missing in the hobby and export for more than 15 years. A few times they were exported as royal loaches, they were actually leptobotia pelligrini, which looks similar but different, and doesn't grow as big.

http://fugupuff-fugupuff.blogspot.com
Hey Wes, what's the behavior on these guys? Are the pretty lazy fish that sleep on their sides like clown loaches sometimes? Or are they always out and about being active? Thanks bro!

shookONES

Casper... the not so friendly ghost
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2005
Totowa, NJ
The only real thing you need to bare in mind is cooler water. I've done plenty of experimenting with mine and noticed that they did worse as water got warmer. 76-77 degrees is the best happy medium. Any warmer and they would stop eating for days on end and act lethargic.

Diet wasn't rocket science. They eat everything from pellets to shrimp and everything in between. Behavior seems to vary by individual as I've had some that were constantly cruising the tank, while others that I went weeks without seeing.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store