MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
1. Betta -no
2. Neon -no
3. Guppy- no
4. Platy- no
5. Molly- Hell no
Listen, the length and heigth are perfect for a lot of fish but the width knocks out every fish I can think of. Even the micro fish that get under an inch wouldn’t be good in that tank.

If you *must* get the tank then you are limited to shrimp.

Personally I wouldn’t even quarantine a fish in that mockery of a fish tank.

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Welcome to the forum.

I think you need to re evaluate your situation. If you want a fish tank you need a tank with sensible dimensions. Surely there are other places in the house where a modest sized tank could go.

Also i'd go with a ready made tank instead of making it yourself. Your comment about how do you make sure the tank just dosen't come apart dosen't exactly fill me with confidence about you building this tank on your own. No offence.

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
The width is still awful though.

Reactions: BichirKing

Akeno071

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 11, 2015
At 110mm its no longer even a case of holding fish.
That massive ratio distance between your 3 dimensions will actually make the tank look warped, the end result an eyesore.
Between the incredibly awkward dimensions of your width being not even 10% of the length and the total lack of fish you can put into it.
You are essentially building a window.
An expensive window that can't house anything interactive, that you cant take with you if you ever leave. You can't move it if you ever want to reposition furniture etc..

What precisely makes you want a in-wall tank compared to a stand alone cabinet/tank? It'd be a much more pleasant experience for both you and the fish. Possibly cheaper too ( I know my 40gallon was half the cost of that websites ).

novice321

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2019
Welcome to the forum.

I think you need to re evaluate your situation. If you want a fish tank you need a tank with sensible dimensions. Surely there are other places in the house where a modest sized tank could go.
Thank you everyone for your input. OK I got it loud and clear that width is a no no :headbang2

Ok what do you all think of these dimensions:

Tank 1: 1000mm length x 500mm height (i could go to 600) x 310 width ( I may be able to stretch to 335mm)?
Tank 2: 1225mm length and the rest the same as tank 1.

Also i'd go with a ready made tank instead of making it yourself. Your comment about how do you make sure the tank just dosen't come apart dosen't exactly fill me with confidence about you building this tank on your own. No offence.
lol no offence taken. I should have clarified I have two friends that are in the window/glass trade for years so I'd get their 'input' (read that as beg them till they do it for me) I was just interested since a lot of videos seem to follow the same logic in that the aquarium structure gets it's support from:

1. the joining adhesive e.g. silicone
2. bracing if needed
3. the thickness of the glass used
4. keeping a certain balance between the length x width x height. (as eloquently stated by Akeno071 Akeno071 )

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Well it seems we're making progress. 110mm width limits you to, well, very few species of fish, if any, as already alluded to earlier. 310mm width is obviously better, though you will still be very limited to what you can keep in there. Tiddly fish that stay tiddly basically. If those are the type of fish that you like then bingo. However if you like fish that get a little bigger then you need to stretch that 310mm a fair bit more.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store