Ink bird controller

jdpeters87

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Jun 11, 2014
washington
Anyone have experience with them? I know the basic one from amazon has two outlets one for heating and one for cooling. Could I theoretically run two aquarium heats off it? Also if my heater has a broken thermostat does it matter? Will it cut it off under whatever perimeters I set? Thanks!

Reactions: Irecruitfish

Spence

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2015
MA
I run them on my tanks, but not the one for cooling (just dual heaters) You could not use it on two tanks as there is only one thermostat. But I guess if you have two same sized tanks in the same room you could probably get away with it. Not worth the risk to save $25 in my opinion.
The controller will kill the power to the heater once the set temperature is met, so as long as the heaters thermostat allows it to run hot it’ll work. If the thermostat is turning off the heater at a cooler temp than you want, then it won’t work.

Reactions: Blue Demp

jdpeters87

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Jun 11, 2014
washington
I run them on my tanks, but not the one for cooling (just dual heaters) You could not use it on two tanks as there is only one thermostat. But I guess if you have two same sized tanks in the same room you could probably get away with it. Not worth the risk to save $25 in my opinion.
The controller will kill the power to the heater once the set temperature is met, so as long as the heaters thermostat allows it to run hot it’ll work. If the thermostat is turning off the heater at a cooler temp than you want, then it won’t work.
They have a model with two plugs for heating?

Reactions: Irecruitfish

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
They have a model with two plugs for heating?
You do realize that the plugs just allows electricity to turn on and off, right? That there is no actual cooling or heating mechanism per se

Nilsafeller

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2018
High river Alberta Canada
You do realize that the plugs just allows electricity to turn on and off, right? That there is no actual cooling or heating mechanism per se
Correct and not so correct Haha... it doesnt heat/cool itself but depending on what the temp is only one outlet turns on at a time depending on if it needs to cool or if it needs to heat... you need the dual heat thermometer for 2 heaters to be plugged in

Reactions: Spence

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
Correct and not so correct Haha... it doesnt heat/cool itself but depending on what the temp is only one outlet turns on at a time depending on if it needs to cool or if it needs to heat... you need the dual heat thermometer for 2 heaters to be plugged in
Yeah, I understand that, but I don't think the OP does. I own an Inkbird, so I know exactly how it works.

Nilsafeller

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2018
High river Alberta Canada
Anyone have experience with them? I know the basic one from amazon has two outlets one for heating and one for cooling. Could I theoretically run two aquarium heats off it? Also if my heater has a broken thermostat does it matter? Will it cut it off under whatever perimeters I set? Thanks!
Could run a splitter off the heater socket for 2 heaters aswell

jdpeters87

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Jun 11, 2014
washington
I do understand yes. Ultimately I need a new heater but the inkbird has many applications outside of the aquarium hobby

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store