Introducing... Ben BGK Squarepants

dmed

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2008
Cincinnati, Ohio, US
:D :clap :D Cute!!! Congratulations. What a great little hut! Does he go in there?

cmartin

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2008
Canada
I think you will find that raising the BGK from this size that you will end up with a lot less problems. Just make sure that it gets lots to eat for the first little while.

You may want to tuck a piece of a frozen blood worm cube in his hut. That you will be sure that he gets some. As long as he eats and the water is in good condition, you should have no problems.

Have you come up with a name yet?

cmartin

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2008
Canada
Sorry - If I had read your post I would have seen that you were introducing Ben...

moonchild1970

BICHIR BABE
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2008
Spokane, WA
Yup only got one BGK. Don't want to have to deal with any fighting later on...lol.

Ben is peeking out of the top window. He is a real joy. Hand feeds. Eat ALOT!! Already on Hikari pellets. Can they over feed though? He ate the minute he got in the tank and man he looked like he was preggo!! I swear.

I got the pineapple from my husband, who got it from a friend who gave him a whole 30G tank setup just yesterday for two of his breeding Angels. But they sell them at Petsmart.

dmed

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2008
Cincinnati, Ohio, US
It is definitely possible to overfeed a BGK, which puts stress on its liver. However, I think it's much less likely to overfeed one that is so little and is still growing rapidly. I've never had one that small, so I can't speak from any experience. I would say feed the baby whatever seems reasonable to you. You've already had a BGK, so as you know he's got a lot of growing to do!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store