Introducing Flash

narayanang76

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2016
Bangalore, India
Next month, November it's going to be 3 years Flash is with us, as part of our family. The entire journey has been a pleasant one, mostly recorded in this MFK thread.

He is such a calm and composed personality, he comes around to great us when we go near his tank. He looks into our eye and stands there watching us. He slowly goes away, then come back and stand in front again. Mostly I think he expects some treat. Nowdays his favorite food is super worm, he has less interest in his usual food, such as market prawns. He spits out food if he's not interested. But he never does that with SW. Mostly during water changes, I would touch him, pat him on his back and ask him to move away from the python, he's not skittish at all.

He's alone in his tank, but I would like to leave it that way and not disturb the setup that is running smoothly.
IMG_20181019_112857.jpg

MariaS

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2015
South Africa
Flash is looking stunning narayanang76 narayanang76 .

I cant believe its three years already.... time flies.... he/she is now starting to reach maturity.

They are very special and as you say, become part of the family watching everything you do .and have a way about them that is very different from other fish no matter how interactive they are
When they stare at you with that calm dignified way, they make you wonder what they thinkyng.

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
Wow, he's looking awesome as usual! He's lucky to have you as his owner.

Perhaps the info is somewhere in earlier posts but just wondering how much of the 3 years you've had him in a blue tank background, and also what's your take on WTT treatment? Did you (or breeder) utilize it or not bro?

(update on my pretty little girl coming soon, I've been going full-on with work, moving and setting up/taking care of tanks).

narayanang76

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2016
Bangalore, India
Wow, he's looking awesome as usual! He's lucky to have you as his owner.

Perhaps the info is somewhere in earlier posts but just wondering how much of the 3 years you've had him in a blue tank background, and also what's your take on WTT treatment? Did you (or breeder) utilize it or not bro?

(update on my pretty little girl coming soon, I've been going full-on with work, moving and setting up/taking care of tanks).
Thanks.

To be honest I don't remember the exact durations, but I tried white, black background before settling for blue. Initially I kept white, but it was nothing fancy, just plain large white paper sheets as background. Later I got a double sided background one side was black and the other side was blue, which I could swap easily. These we're on my earlier 125g tank. Both white and black, I wouldn't have kept more than a few weeks. WTT is said to increase scale level shine, but the moment it's taken out the fish will lose some amount of shine, this is what I have heard about.

When I made my 220g, I got a blue background which is sticker type which is now stuck on 3 sides of my tank.

Reactions: islandguy11

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
Hey there narayanang76 just wondering how your beautiful Flash is doing? How about a new pic for our inspiration? :)

Btw, was Flash very spooked by lighting changes when he was young? My Goldenhead sure is (though newer Blue Base isn't). GH hates being in the dark, so I have to keep his light on 24/7 (but I cover 2/3 of the top of tank with a large piece of brown plastic future board). Do you use any kind of night light with Flash?

Reactions: narayanang76

narayanang76

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2016
Bangalore, India
Hey there narayanang76 How about a new pic for our inspiration? :)

Btw, was Flash very spooked by lighting changes when he was young?

Do you use any kind of night light with Flash?
Thanks buddy. Flash is doing fine, as usual. Only that he is becoming picky with food and doesn't want to eat prawns or cut fish pieces. His favorite these days are Super Worms. Funny thing is the days when I feed him SW he will be friendly, comes around nearby, looks at us. If we feed anything else, he walks away and doesn't mind us like a small kid.. he keeps swimming around but won't express any friendly gesture to me in those days. Very funny..

Reg lights my lights are on a timer, both morning and evening, a particular time we will be at home mostly in living room. His feeding time is also aligned, when lights are on. He didn't have any issues with lights till now, somehow. His lights are off during the night, but I leave the room lights on so that it's not entirely dark.

Here a pic from today

IMG_20190217_152648.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store