Introducing Flash

narayanang76

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2016
Bangalore, India
Today is the date, Flash came home 2 years back. On his 2nd anniversary, we upgraded his tank to a 6 feet by 2.5 feet, with Sump. It is a custom built tank where we got made the stand, the tank and the cover, the sump, the plumbing and all. Moved Flash to his new home last Friday, and it was an experience to take him out of his erstwhile home and catching a monster fish was not easy. He settled in his new home pretty easily and took his food on the same day evening. All in all, a great learning in making a custom tank, DIY plumbing, moving a large fish and getting it settled.

A brief Video:

Some pics:
IMG_20171118_140811.jpg

New tank vs Old tank:
IMG_20171115_064005.jpg

Our home was a mess due to all the work that was going on for a few months, and now things are getting back and clearing up.

Dee eng

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2015
Cambodia
Tank looks awesome, Flash looking flashier than ever! Thanks for the update! How big is that bad boy now?

narayanang76

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2016
Bangalore, India
Went for a 10 days vacation during new year, and one friend helped with feeding when we were away. Friend called in between and said that Flash was not eating and seemed like he kept on looking for someone.. I asked him to stop feeding from then.

When we returned, Flash was running towards us like a dog and started eating from day 1. I think he was feeling lonely and was missing our presence in the house. Sometimes it amazes me the bonds we create..

He is perfectly fine now and eating as usual.

The lights were off when we were away, and I feel that Flash has lost some shine, it may be also due to the winter and water temp. Hope he will get his earlier shine back soon.

IMG_20180107_080909.jpg

narayanang76

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2016
Bangalore, India
I am finding this unusual that 'sometimes' Flash is sitting at the tank bottom sand, and keeps looking around. There is no other issue and he is eating and behaving as normal and usual. It's just strange, is he taking some rest? Not sure.

Photo:
IMG_20180202_064504.jpg

Also one short latest video:

Reactions: cigars and MariaS

MariaS

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2015
South Africa
Love him narayanang76 narayanang76 ... would give him a home any day!!

My Flash also does that sometimes, in fact her and my Flagtail often lie like that side to side at the bottom of the tank
At first I was petrified but after a few minutes she is up and about and eating and eventually I accepted it as normal

Now, I also have a new baby chilli red ..she is about 17cm now and this week she has started doing the same thing.
I got home one afternoon and she was also resting under a high piece of wood.. I nearly had heart failure but as soon as she saw me she came straight away to the front and is perfectly ok
She is eating.. now I see she does that every now and then
My son always teases me and says she is in hunting mode waiting to eat my clowns!!

Jokes aside.... im beginning to think this is normal?...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store