Inventory of Fish in 15,000 gallon tank the Mini Mega and new Pictures (Update)

sje106

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 11, 2005
Hertford, Herts, UK
Actually with the changes I made a few posts back #515 it has changed and beauty was not my object.

The keep up involves mostly cleaning the floor drains as the liner continues to peel and clog them.... to bad as I liked the dark colour it provided.

The aba enjoys the expanded area and the lungfish really is very active in the 15k litre section.
I'm sure you get people asking for pictures etc regular, but have you anything recent?

Would be amazing to see the tanks and also the current sizing of the fish too.

many thanks in advance.

jonsrubart

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2021
I like the valuable info in your articles. I'll bookmark your blog and check again here regularly.

Chino 61

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2021
As this was one very interesting read of fish communization, the time for towering tanks seems to be at bay. What are the chances of reaching two and three stories tall? Mega Aquariums with rolling ladders and catwalks for adding and replacing fish... Other than Scuba Diving lessons what are the benefits to taller tanks?.

fishdance

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2007
I don't think Michael (arapimag) visits this forum anymore. We used to email privately initially about building very large tanks where he generously shared his knowledge and experience which progressed into real friendship but unfortunately he stopped replying to me several years ago.

To answer your question, taller tanks exhibit stratification behaviour of species. A 3m tall tank is sufficient but an 8m tall tank shows this beautifully especially if you design an ascending walkway up the water column.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store