Inwall 430gl Plywood Tank Build

amehel0

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2007
Brisbane, Australia
nice work and i agree with rallysman as that this is gonna be a sweet thread.

i also agree with rvrrays that the stand may need a little more support.

Gator

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2007
Ohio
sites.google.com
You need more support under the tank. Double up the vertical 2x4's by cutting them to fit under and support the horizontal 2x4's. Right now it looks like all the weight is on your screws/nails. Your safest bet would have been to use 2x6's to use as joists and support beams to hold the 3,588.5 Lbs of water your going to have in there. Also is that on a 2nd floor or do you have a crawl space so you can add support under the floor? Here is my 600G as an Example I have 2x6's as vertical supports for my 2x8 joists. I had to use 2x8 because of the 4' depth it has(96Lx48Wx30.5H) otherwise I would have used 2x6's on the joists.. Over all tho it looks great cant wait to see it finished.

mosthated

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2007
Al, USA
i have added 2x4's under the old joist and i will be scabbing on 2x6's to them as well in a few, i also have to finish cuting some plywood to go around the inside of the face, i am putting it on a 45 i will show a picture when i get done, after that i am going to sand everything and bondo all my corners any uneven spots... go place a order for the glass and make a strong back to go under my house on my floor joist...

still looking for suggestions on what to seal the tank with?

pirarucu319

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2007
pahang
nice lookin project man
keep on track
yup, epoxy is ok..
are you using acrylic or glass??
good work..
who'll be the resident in the "house"
got paiche n aro???