Inwall 430gl Plywood Tank Build

dumbasphisherman

Feeder Fish
Sep 24, 2007
Alabama
If you not on a concrete slab,or have a crawl spase under your house, make sure that you brase the floor, it would suck for that thing to fall though. Can't wait to see the finishing results, and also for you to start on mine. Buy the way, are you making the actual tank yourself, or are you buying one already assembled?

Davey_8313

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2007
With Wife & Kids in Stafford
dumbasphisherman;1151622; said:
Buy the way, are you making the actual tank yourself, or are you buying one already assembled?
He's already made the actual tank, that's what the wood is. Now he just has to seal the wood and then buy a sheet of glass to cover the opening in the front... The tank itself is made out of the plywood... hope this helps a little... http://www.aquariaplants.com/toddspage.htm

CHOMPERS

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2006
Sunnyvale Trailer Park
Good news and bad news...

Another thing to know about fiberglass resin is that it is either Isophetholic or Orthophetholic. One is suitable for marine use, but the other will delaminate. I don't remember which is which, but do the research.

The good news is that one can be put over the other. If the bondo glass is not for underwater use, then you can put a layer of the right stuff over it.

CHOMPERS

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2006
Sunnyvale Trailer Park
Two more things:
1. Nice work so far. Keep it up and post more pictures.
2. You are going to need a really big filter so you should plan on how you are going to get one in your stand. Down on the end, you can add a header so you can remove the middle support. That will allow you to add the biggest filter you can make. You can also build one in, but that makes servicing it a pain.

mosthated

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2007
Al, USA
yeah i plan on adding some doubled up 2x6 headers to the back for acess under the tank but i need a sawzaw to cut out the old, i didnt plan that ahead i was in such a hurry to get the tank built. as far as filtration goes the only real filtration i am going to run is a skimmer, the rest will be via the (all natural method) a DSB, LOTS of live rock, and two refuigums. shark what kind?
wouldnt a shark like way out grow the tank? if not i might take you up on that.
i do plan to get a really good skimmer, my LFS recommened me either euroskimmer or asm, i havent decided which yet, i want a downdraft recirculating one, and asm is probly cheaper.. it just dependes, i heard good things about those octopus skimmers too.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store