Iridescent Shark / Pangasius Catfish

yoitsfrankk

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 27, 2008
New Jersey

yup still a baby, i had this id for about a week, when will it start growing?

MeAko

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 8, 2006
Manila, Phillipines

billbobthegreat

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 20, 2008
Eastbourne uk
Henward yes for a long time, although when approaching maximum size opt for a round pond of at least 10 foot diamiter.

And guys you are playing with possibaly the worst monster fish you could have obtained, get used to the idea of a 5000 gallon plus pond, cos youll need one.

Look at it this way my sanitwongsei outgrew my 8x4 in little over a year, But mine was fed lots.

I purchased mine in the belief that it woud never grow larger than 3ft, wich is the problem with a lot of people who buy RTC's.

Anyways..... good luck!

SimonL

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2005
Ontario, Canada
I find it sorta funny that Pangasius threads never get the amount of flaming that people who buy arapaima do, despite the two larger Pangasius species growing as large or larger (weight wise) and needing larger tanks...Even regular ID sharks should have tanks that are 3'x8' minimum...I've owned them in the past, and even in a 220, I feel bad. It's such an active fish compared to many of the other "tankbusters"

Still, cool fish guys...give em ton's of current and it'll cut down on the nose rubbing you see so commonly on most specimens over 12".

MaverickG13

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2009
Pathum Thani, Thailand
MY pangasius catfish in my pond dont spook so easily. In fact they are the only catfish that will eat pellets. I guess when a fish is in a tank, the chances of it being spooked are much greater.

I just got a few more years before I have to expand my pond...

~ocean

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 12, 2009
Stoon
SimonL;3531506; said:
I find it sorta funny that Pangasius threads never get the amount of flaming that people who buy arapaima do, despite the two larger Pangasius species growing as large or larger (weight wise) and needing larger tanks...Even regular ID sharks should have tanks that are 3'x8' minimum...I've owned them in the past, and even in a 220, I feel bad. It's such an active fish compared to many of the other "tankbusters"

Still, cool fish guys...give em ton's of current and it'll cut down on the nose rubbing you see so commonly on most specimens over 12".
You should've given the ID's more than a 220...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store