Is a 96 x 24 x 24 big enough for an adult Siamese Datnoid?

Tobiassorensen

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2017
Sweden
Fully agreed on your points Tobias, that's mystified me since I've been living in Asia. The reasons vary somewhat among different countries here (and different people within a country). Can be space, income, knowledge/education issues etc., but a lot of it just comes down to cultural differences/perceptions.
Yeah it is wierd IMHO how people keep their fish. I feel bad for puting an possible pregnant stingray that about 35cm over her disc in a tank thats 150x60x60cm but its temporary for her. Her new home is finished today.

Reactions: islandguy11

Akeno071

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 11, 2015
Another way to look at it would be,

Arowana - longer, more narrow/lean body built for cooling up and jumping = more flexible and tighter turning radius

Datnoid - more stout, tall, thick body built for short bursts to ambush in a straight line = less flexible, wider turning radius
I figured it'd come down to something like this, though its interested to read that the Arowana, which looks like its armor-plated with its large scales is so flexible. I guess between Asian Arowanas tending to stay closer to 24" then 36" and being more wriggly allows for the 36" width. Now if only they weren't so expensive..

claybae

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2019
well I think people from Western countries will say that its too small but for me its fine

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store