Is it a trimac?

Freshwaterpredators

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 25, 2009
The Grotto
beautiful tri bro!!! Those are my favorite amphs:) nice female for sure.

fishman09

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 11, 2011
Centralia, WA
FLOWERHORN!!!!! im sorry to say that by looking at those pics i know the genetic makeup and can 100% say those are definitely flowerhorns. Im an expert on the matter as i have seen pictures before on the internet of horns and macs and you sir have a horn.:ROFL:

on a side note... they look sweet and if you get a pair to spawn put me on the list for some nasty hybrid fry.

baldtaxguy

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2006
Unless you know the lineage, you can never be certain simply by appearance.

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
Unless you know the lineage, you can never be certain simply by appearance.
I have to agree with this. Unfortunatly it's like asking if this is a Midas or Red Devil.

The Tri is for three spots, although not all trimacs have three spots some have more so that means nothing. The fish looks like a female Trimac but it could be a Tri x LG FH or a low grade flower or a Trimac we will just never know. It is a shame it has come to this but that's what Flower Horns have done.

FishFreak95

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2009
New Mexico
Flowerhorns didn't do anything, they're fish. Irresponsible breeders did this. A good breeder would have never let a low grade flowerhorn that looks like a trimac in to the market.

Sent from my SPH-D600 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

baldtaxguy

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2006
Flowerhorns didn't do anything, they're fish. Irresponsible breeders did this. A good breeder would have never let a low grade flowerhorn that looks like a trimac in to the market.

Sent from my SPH-D600 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
BS. It was inevitable.

cavamart

Feeder Fish
Sep 22, 2007
Oregon
I wont 100% ID like the "expert on the matter" above, but if you are questioning the heavy flowerline (which is the only thing remotely suspect) I would add that breeding and growing out tons of "true" Trimacs you could find a few with extra flowers. See if you can track down the source and see pictures of the parents.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store