Is it NORMAL for Aro to swim up and down the glass?

ctoychik

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
LAOS
www.monsterfishkeepers.com
Hmmm, my BB starts to swim up and down the glass tank whenever i switch on the red light above him. See attached youtube video (around 30-40 sec) Looks almost it is rubbing itself along the glass. It does not do that when there is no light.

He eats as normal - that is, picky but does eat. Grows alot slower than the red and not very friendly. His tank mate on his side is L600 pleco (red and bichir on the other side of separator)

I noticed that the scales look scratched as well while red has flawless scales (i.e. well and even shaped and no scratches). Refer to attched pix, see the second row of the scales near the head looks like filed-off half-moons on edge and some of the lower scales are scratched. Anybody ever had this kind of behavior?

He is still shiny and blue (this is because of poor photo taking that he looks drab). but should i be worried?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9EOLpfq2jg

PS: if somebody can wrapped and explain how to make a small video window plz

Hao

The Ancient
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2008
looks normal too me o.o but maybe it scared of sumthing at the part thats why it dives down

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
Well my experience is limited to the SA aros, but it doesn't look abnormal. One of my silvers does that alot and my black does it occasionally

Reactions: TheReefer

ctoychik

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
LAOS
Thanks guys for replies what about the "filed" look on the scales? Please see the second row near the head. It looks like it is missing half-moon.

I could not capture the minor scratches (but i think you can sort of see them if you soon on the bottom row of scales) ... the scale shape and clarity is definitely not as uniform as on the red or the silver aros or jar (even deformed green has better scale shape).

I don't suppose it is possible for pleco to be sucking on him ...

ctoychik

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
LAOS
Bderick67;3065712; said:
Well my experience is limited to the SA aros, but it doesn't look abnormal. One of my silvers does that alot and my black does it occasionally
He only does it when the red light is switched on. the white light tube above his section is not working so i do not know if it is the color light only. When the white light above red guys section is switched on, there is absolutely no reaction.

But i am worried about the uniformity of scales

PS: i don't usually turn on the lights

ctoychik

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
LAOS
After looking through indodragon galleries of various blue based pix - it seems that this particular breed has uneven scales. that is the edge of the scales looks filed (half-moon). so i guess my BB is also safe with its uneven looking scales

I attach an example of photo from indodragon gallery as an example

http://www.indodragon.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/187

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store