Is it possible to have a drip system if my house sits on a slab?

JK47

Retired MFK Admin
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Washington
I'll go take you some real quick. Hold please
Here you are 1 180gallons

Sorry I have a bunch of empty tank equipment sitting front of the containers. The stack of black containers hides my pump and reservoir. The top bins hold food and extra heaters etc....

IMG_5460.JPG IMG_5461.JPG IMG_5462.JPG IMG_5463.JPG IMG_5464.JPG IMG_5465.JPG

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Most certainly. Just check the pump for head height. Sump pumps are not like aquarium pumps. They are designed for basements so most will pump vertically to surprising limits. Before the "what if it fails" police arrive, buy two. Set the float one inch higher than the first and it won't come on unless the other fails. Home Depot pumps are $50-$100 and last a long time.

I don't know why more people don't do this. It took me forever to try it and then I was upset with myself for having waited so long.
I like this idea...2 pumps im a card carrying member of "what if something fails" group lol

Reactions: eddiegunks

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
it would be possible to pump it up into the attic and then over to a outside wall and back down?
Just check the pump for head height
hello; Another option is to run the water into the plumbing system of the house. That is the pipes into which the toilets and the sinks drain. At the very least not as high as the attic.

Question - some slabs have a drain built into the slab when the cement is poured. The last two houses I have lived in did. Have you looked for a floor drain, say in a laundry room??

180gallons

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2005
Georgia
hello; Another option is to run the water into the plumbing system of the house. That is the pipes into which the toilets and the sinks drain. At the very least not as high as the attic.

Question - some slabs have a drain built into the slab when the cement is poured. The last two houses I have lived in did. Have you looked for a floor drain, say in a laundry room??
It seems that all of my plumbing is under the slab and I haven't seen a drain. My floors are covered with tile, carpet and laminate. A floor drain close by would be ideal. This is my first house that has been on a slab, I sure miss having a crawl space.

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Hello; is the slab in what might be considered a basement with the slab floor below the outside ground level or is the slab at or near ground level which makes it the floor of the rooms of the house?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store