Is my arowana sick?

haroldallen

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2011
Canada
I have this arowana for 2weeks. He eats well and swim well. But my problem is instead of his fins to be aligned and normal he has some problems on his fins its not aligned and it looks eaten back or like shrinking
here is the picture. Any suggestions ? I started to change water every 2-3 days and add salt+anti chlorine.

Feeder Fish
Jun 11, 2011
they're just fin rots, it will heal and grow back eventually after you do a lot of water change

zkramz75

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 18, 2011
Phippines
Yup just continue the wc and salt eventually it will heal and be normal again. Usually fungi and other diseases appear when there's poor water quality.

livelymc

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 21, 2011
United Kingdom
i read in a previous thread that a chap sudated his aro and trimmed his fins right down because they were uneven. it look ok once it had all grown back

J.Lake

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
those oscars will become a problem for the aro possibly. They m ay already be the culprit to frayed fins

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
That aro looks too small to be kept with cichlids(oscars) I would recommend not mixing aro with cichlids until the aro is 10-11" long. At that point cichlids thatt are not bigger then 6" can be introduced.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store