Is my arowana sick?

chagoi

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2011
NC USA
What are you readings for ammonia,nitrites,nitrates, and ph? How long has this tank been running and what size and what kind of fish and how many? Fin rot is usually from poor water quality.

Ditto!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
Your tank looks brand new, is it? Do you understand the nitrogen cycle as it pertains to aquariums?

haroldallen

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2011
Canada
Ill buy more aeration and probably fix my tax remove all the water and move my fish into a container and let the tank cycle for a bit. How many days should i let it cycle ?

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
Not really. Can you help me with it and yeah its new i made it cycle like 4days bfor i start buying fish.
Takes about 6 weeks to properly cycle a tank, you can decrease time by adding some bottled bacteria. You need to get yourself a test kit, large bottle of prime, and read the link below. In order to save your fish your going to need to be doing daily water changes.

http://www.fishlore.com/NitrogenCycle.htm

haroldallen

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2011
Canada
@bderick the petstore where i bought my tank told me to use nutrafin so ibought it.. Is that good too ? Ill change my conditioner to prime when its empty and thank you very much for the information. I'll give updates for my aro after a week. Thank you!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store