Is my Betta sick?

CJ W

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2018
My Betta has a small white fungus like spot on him and I’m not sure if it actually fungus or not he seems to be doing just fine and is eating as usual1367890

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Dont look too bad. Clean water and it should eventually go away with a small spot like that.

Reactions: tlindsey

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
I couldn't see clearly what you meant (the spot in the middle?), so I edited the photo a bit, but I still don't see it as a problem, maybe the editing will help others to diagnose.
Is the fish new? What size tank, or container?
But agree with Kno4te as a solution. If in one of those little Betta containers, I'd be changing some of its water every day.

Reactions: tlindsey

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
Looks to me that there are more spots in the lightened photo. How long have you had the fish? Whats it in? Anything with it? What type of substrate? Color?

CJ W

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2018
I couldn't see clearly what you meant (the spot in the middle?), so I edited the photo a bit, but I still don't see it as a problem, maybe the editing will help others to diagnose.
Is the fish new? What size tank, or container?
But agree with Kno4te as a solution. If in one of those little Betta containers, I'd be changing some of its water every day.
View attachment 1367913
I’ve had the fish for about 2 weeks and he’s in a ten gallon (filtered tank)

CJ W

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2018
Looks to me that there are more spots in the lightened photo. How long have you had the fish? Whats it in? Anything with it? What type of substrate? Color?
I’ve had him for 2 weeks, he’s in a ten gallon (filtered) and there’s a bristlenose pleco (2.5 inches) and a few shrimp in thereand I’m using caribsea substrate for cichlids

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store