In the caiman den
lol

spot-the-difference-madonna-frog-demotivational-poster-1237280132.jpg

Jc1119

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2010
Orlando fl
unless i'm wrong, I believe she is the highest selling female artist of all time
Yes I believe she is at this point. Probably will stay there for a bit too.

But the RIAA is a flawed reporting system. Elvis has the most for a male recording artist, but his first record was 28 minutes long and had 6 songs on it.

Madonna and I share a parent company, Warner Music Group, and by today's standards within WMG, a full length is required to have at least 42 minutes and at least 10 songs to qualify as an album.

Most of Elvis' records wouldn't show up in RIAA today because of the language in the current contracts. Add the "license" language to disqualify downloads as reported "album" sales and the illegal downloading and you can see the current system does not favor the artist at all.

Financially, Madonna might be pretty close to Elvis in actual revenue earned...

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ballinouttacntrol

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2009
Eugene, Or
where did you get this information? i'm not sure about the states but Madonna has sold way more than Justin worldwide

usher isn't just another r&b guy in this era. besides r Kelly who else is up there?
I thought of all my fav r&b and pop dudes and none come close to their resume. They cut their teeth during the tail end of gangster rap too. Must've been hard getting dudes on board. I see we still have some hold outs

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
I thought of all my fav r&b and pop dudes and none come close to their resume. They cut their teeth during the tail end of gangster rap too. Must've been hard getting dudes on board. I see we still have some hold outs
i'm not even into much of the names I've mentioned but I gotta give credit where it's due

Jc1119

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2010
Orlando fl
[video=youtube;AHEYs0CMe4U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHEYs0CMe4U[/video]
Music awards mean nothing, its just another cash grab.
And how exactly is it a "cash grab"?

If anything, the "cash" being grabbed is by the folks stealing music every day, without a care in the world.

My band is a mere blip on the radar of the music business, but leaks and illegal downloads have cost us millions every year. Consistently....

Folks have no problem paying $5.99 for a cup of Starbucks that cost pennies to make, but think nothing about stealing music ....

ElectricBlueSeanBurch

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2010
Panaque Paradise
And how exactly is it a "cash grab"?

If anything, the "cash" being grabbed is by the folks stealing music every day, without a care in the world.

My band is a mere blip on the radar of the music business, but leaks and illegal downloads have cost us millions every year. Consistently....

Folks have no problem paying $5.99 for a cup of Starbucks that cost pennies to make, but think nothing about stealing music ....

I heard your newest single on the way home from work yesterday on our local rock station. Plus you have a pandora station on my phone. More than a blip to me John...lol

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
Oscar Peterson. Duke Ellington. Brian Eno. Robert Fripp. Hank Williams.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store