is this normal when breeding betta?

Motoxer777

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2011
Santa Paula

the bottom of the males fin you can see is missing from the big nip lol. thats the only action going on lol

aroxd

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 27, 2011
tampines
its normal! just let them be! in the past i used to breed alot of bettas and gt some of the female seriously nip out the males fin alot! and since urs is a long fin 1 its more likely to get torned fins as they are easily bitten by the females unlike the shorter fin ones but its ok! your bubble nest is ready and they shld spawn any time from now . careful not to mess with the tank too much as it will damage the bubble nest. after spawning best is to remove female as your tank is kinda big and the fries will swim around and hide and most of them will get eaten by the female. good luck! :D

aroxd

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 27, 2011
tampines
anyways beautiful male! 1 advice is to get a better female, best if a halfmoon! they fries will turn out to be nicer and worth more!

talal101

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2011
alberta
wow lol, maybe you have found the key to keeping bettas together without a bloodbath. and if they are fine then i see no harm in keeping them together just keep an eye because when they do breed and finish the male can get rather nasty.

caoder

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2011
Montreal
It all depends on the temperaments of the males / females.. I have a male that did fine in a community 20 with 2 female bettas in with him. in turn they were the ones nipping him, some .. are just not aggressive as others ;)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store