is this thai silk fh sick

jake2330

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 11, 2019
got this thai silk FH from one on my local fish store as they were not taking good care of it. i dont know much about FH bt it seems he is sick. he refused to eat pellet but eats live feeeds. please let me know what you'll thiink.?1372665

jake2330

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 11, 2019
Dont feed live... only feed him a good staple pellet... new life spectrum is great... if he doesnt eat any pellets right away... try 2 days later again... still not? 2 more days.... a fish wont starve... hell come around and eat when hes ready
ill surely get the new life spectrum and try this method too !!

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
ill surely get the new life spectrum and try this method too !!
As others have advised I'd stop the live feeding and get him over to the pellets. If he doesn't accept the pellets take them out and try some that are (shortly) soaked in the juice of blood worms.

There's one version of NLS that's called Hex Shield -- recommended esp. for newer fish in case they have come in with any internal parasites (quite likely with FH, esp. if they're from southeast Asia).

If it doesn't seem to like NLS try some Hikari (e.g. Bio-Gold+ or Cichlid Gold). If it's been feeding on bloodworms you can also try Hikari's Vibra bites to switch him over, they look and sink like blood worms.

Otherwise as others have advised, keep his water clean, maybe use a bit of aquarium salt to help him relax and settle into his new home, but don't start bombarding with meds right away (unless perhaps you see white stringy poo, then it's time to think about treatments like epsom salt and/or metronidazole ) -- he's probably just stressed and will probably feel more comfortable in a few days.

A little cave or some kind of shelter might help him to relax more. Good luck, hope he comes around soon.

Last edited:

jake2330

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 11, 2019
ive been
As others have advised I'd stop the live feeding and get him over to the pellets. If he doesn't accept the pellets take them out and try some that are (shortly) soaked in the juice of blood worms.

There's one version of NLS that's called Hex Shield -- recommended esp. for newer fish in case they have come in with any internal parasites (quite likely with FH, esp. if they're from southeast Asia).

If it doesn't seem to like NLS try some Hikari (e.g. Bio-Gold+ or Cichlid Gold). If it's been feeding on bloodworms you can also try Hikari's Vibra bites to switch him over, they look and sink like blood worms.

Otherwise as others have advised, keep his water clean, maybe use a bit of aquarium salt to help him relax and settle into his new home, but don't start bombarding with meds right away (unless perhaps you see white stringy poo, then it's time to think about treatments like epsom salt and/or metronidazole ) -- he's probably just stressed and will probably feel more comfortable in a few days.

A little cave or some kind of shelter might help him to relax more. Good luck, hope he comes around soon.
ive been observing him from last few days. and really its nothing like he is too scared or getting dark, he is alert and active.he is interested in eating (he will come to the surface if i get something for him to eat )
He is not at all interested in pellets but i did try to feed him shrimp he is spiting it out tOo just like he did with other food
REALLY CONCERNED ABOUT HIM, DONT WANT TO LOSE HIM !!!

jake2330

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 11, 2019
Good luck mine got parasites I treated them and thenthey came back so get extra cause I didnt have any and couldnt get treatment in time for him.
ive not yet started with the treatment, want to just observe him for a day !!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store