Is your spouse or S.O. down with your hobby??

Does your spouse or S.O. support your fish addiction?

• Doesn't care/indifferent

Votes: 63 34.4%
  • Sort of annoyed

Votes: 56 30.6%
  • Really annoyed/hates it

Votes: 9 4.9%
  • Loves keeping fish just like ME!!!

Votes: 55 30.1%

• Total voters

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
My girlfriend is interested in a limited way. She loves the Stingray. She likes the other fish, but isn't involved in the hobby. I would say she is tolerant and very modestly interested.

Mattyou

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2007
Jax Fla.
beantickler;2312109; said:
My wife would't mind if I could just get the electric bill down a few hundred... lol
Heard that man. My wife likes fish, just not really into a fish that needs its own 75+ gal tank. She is interested in planting and smaller community fish.

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
My woman like to watch the africans chase her finger as she moves it across the glass. Other than that, she just looks at me with amazement and awe. Sometime she asks why so many. But she lets me do whatever I want anyway. I guess better than cheating. lol

Aquariumjunkie

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2007
Monroe, Wa
Sanjo Eel;2311074; said:
Well, how does your spouse take to your fish addiction? Are they supportive. addicted too, or annoyed?
My wife tolerates it...
I brought home a free 55 gallon setup the other day I got from a friend (nice setup, stand & everything, Free!) The wife tried to tell me I wasn't ALLOWED to have any more tanks! LOL I had to lay down the law real quick on that one! She couldn't care less about keeping fish, I don't get it. :screwy:
:ROFL: i had to do the same thing with my plywood build!!! She was really into it when i bought her a baby jaguar cichlid. then it got about 8"+ and REALLY mean. (it would attack the glass when you walked by:headbang2) She loved that fish! it was like her baby. then the heater broke, and cooked him:cry:. ever since that happened, she isn't really into it anymore...:(

Bre

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2007
Denver, CO
The husband thinks I am addicted...Soooooo, what's the problem??? Sometimes he gets annoyed depending on his mood. Wish he enjoyed it and was addicted like I am.

gomezladdams

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2005
gilboa,ny
My wife loves and enjoys the fish,as long as I do all the maintenance.No problem wouldnt have it any other way.She feeds them for me on days I have long work hours,and goes to fish auctions with me.She also takes any pics that I post as well.

andres

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 21, 2008
Hmmm?
ewurm;2312131; said:
My girlfriend is interested in a limited way. She loves the Stingray. She likes the other fish, but isn't involved in the hobby. I would say she is tolerant and very modestly interested.

Same here.. Loves rays and puffers- And saltwater. She thinks most of my fish are dumb and ugly though.

And she thinks I have too many tanks..

ChannelCat

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
my gf enjoys keeping fish. She likes small fish but she never gives me any trouble about mine. She enjoys feeding them and watching them. She just doent understand why i always want to go to the LFS. She says they always have the same thing, so theres no point in going, lol

TribalRage

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2006
Ohio
She didn't get into it before she met me but now she enjoys it almost as much as me. I've got her fishing too.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store