It's raining vials!

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
I've mentioned on the forum before that i'm in plastics recycling for a job, and in the past I've showed some of the things we get in. Today i got quite a shock when a wagon turned up full of vials, the exact same size we use in the API test. Hundreds of boxes of them, and I believe this was the first wagon of several that are delivering to us over the next few days, so we're literally talking millions of these things!!!

These are made of plastic, a clear polystyrene tube and a polypropylene screw cap. We just grind them all up and put them through a further process which separates the two polymers by specific gravity.

No doubt a few of these bad boys are coming home with me, lol.

IMG_20210806_134232_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210806_133908_HDR.jpg

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
I've mentioned on the forum before that i'm in plastics recycling for a job, and in the past I've showed some of the things we get in. Today i got quite a shock when a wagon turned up full of vials, the exact same size we use in the API test. Hundreds of boxes of them, and I believe this was the first wagon of several that are delivering to us over the next few days, so we're literally talking millions of these things!!!

These are made of plastic, a clear polystyrene tube and a polypropylene screw cap. We just grind them all up and put them through a further process which separates the two polymers by specific gravity.

No doubt a few of these bad boys are coming home with me, lol.

View attachment 1468925

View attachment 1468926
I would definitely have a few of those.

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
That is a score!

Best of all, that's the kind of found treasure that can be snuck into the house without being noticed by SWMBO. I have occasionally rescued items that were destined for the dumpster at various jobsites over the years; but they were always large, bulky items that filled the bed of the truck so that when I got home I was forced to hear the "More Junk You Don't Need!" song in yet another live performance.

Hmmm....millions of those little suckers, you say? Maybe time to start some online selling? If you decide to start selling and are willing to ship to the Colonies, post it up here, would you? I could use a thousand or so of those vials...:)

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
would definitely have a few of those.
I'd drop a box off for you Tom on my way home from work but i'm not sure how the conversation would play out with the wife.....

Me..."I'll be a little late home from work today love".

Wife..."oh, ok lover, when can I expect you back home?

Me..."er, maybe Wednesday love!!! Lol.

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
That is a score!
It is indeed a score, especially when you take into consideration how many of the standard glass ones that I accidently break.

I've dropped them on the kitchen tiled floor, not good, I've dropped them in the ceramic kitchen sink, not good, I've dropped them on the hardwood floor in the living room, not good.

I even dropped one in my 360 when taking a sample to test, and my lemonfin barb snaffled it!! It was quite funny actually. Before it realised it wasn't edible it was hanging out of its mouth like a big glass doobie, lol. I ran for my phone to take a picture, you guys would have been in stitches, but when I got back it had spit it out!

It would have almost certainly won me a POTM competition, lol.

jjohnwm

MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
Hey, wow...that's outstanding...I finally recognize and understand one of those oddball Brit words with which you keep peppering your posts: doobie! :)

jjohnwm

MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
Oh, and by the way, Esox...don't get too cocky. You're still largely incomprehensible...:)

Case in point: "snaffled"??? :duh: :nilly::headshake:werd::shakehead:hypnotize

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Oh, and by the way, Esox...don't get too cocky. You're still largely incomprehensible...:)

Case in point: "snaffled"??? :duh: :nilly::headshake:werd::shakehead:hypnotize
I hope you write all my incomprehensible ramblings down. In time you'll have a delightful little new dictionary of charming English nuances.

When you talk to your friends and family you can slip the odd little gem into your conversations and, at best, they'll point at you whilst sniggering and whispering to one another. At worst, they'll put you in an old folks home believing you've lost the plot!!

Though, in truth, I reckon you're pretty close to that anyway. Lol.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store