Ivanacara Grow Out Thread

TheFishDodo

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2018
Just got in 4 I. adoketa from the wetspot and holy moly they are tiny. I know it said extra small on the website but I forgot just how small an inch is. I'm hoping to eventually get a pair out of them but they have a long way to go. I could only get a good picture of one but I am excited for the journey. Going to try and feed some bugbites tonight.0830191208b.jpg

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Nice addition.

Reactions: tlindsey

Niki_up

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2018
Never heard of theses before. Just googled them and wow some of them look fantastic!! I’m assuming it was the fully matured adults in breeding colors with the bright reds and oranges.

Nice pickup, I’ll be following

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA

TheFishDodo

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2018
Nice addition.
Thanks!
Never heard of theses before. Just googled them and wow some of them look fantastic!! I’m assuming it was the fully matured adults in breeding colors with the bright reds and oranges.

Nice pickup, I’ll be following
I hope they can get to be as beautiful as the ones I see online.
Congratulations on the pick up. Excited to see them grow for you!
Thanks! The first step is trying to get the food down to them since currently the tetras just eat it all up.

Took a look at the tetras gills and they look a bit more red than normal so I guess it is water change time hope I dont stress out the new additions to much.

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA
These are f1’s if memory serves correct. They will not he as touchy as what is out there on the web regarding wild fish. I find them to be hardy but incredibly tough in eachother given their size.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
I agree with everyone nice pickup. The Wetspot gets in some of the hard to find or rare fish species also great business.

TheFishDodo

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2018
I agree with everyone nice pickup. The Wetspot gets in some of the hard to find or rare fish species also great business.
I was torn between them and the inca stone cichlids but decided that the stone cichlids would get to big.

Some observations from the first day in the tank.

There are 2 different eye types in the tank. Atleast one of the Acara has a golden eye while atleast 2 have a black eye dont know about the last one since I have only seen 3 at once.

The fish like to hide in the thick botanicals in cave like structures but a bit of current makes them come out more.

The tetras will not let any food get down to the Acara which isnt to big of a problem for now since the Acara are grazing on Aufwuchs.

Didnt get a chance to do a waterchange because some things came up so I did a half dose of prime to try and detoxify the ammonia till tommorow when I can get a WC done.

darth pike

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2008
Korriban
If you grab some Cr. notophthalmus in the spring when they are available and you will have a dream Rio Negro tank right there.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store