Jag hybrids

~T~

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2006
Hanoi, Vietnam
Let's mix it up...maybe white or pink convict. Curious to see what those would turn out like with a jag. Any male you go with should be bigger than the female...as pops mentioned, he should own her.
They wouldn't be white/pink as the jag would not carry the pink gene. However crossing the fry (if they are fertile) would theoretically create them as these would carry the pink gene. Crossing a female back to the father would certainly be an option. The problem is that most con crosses look kinda fugly as they always tend to look much more convict than anything else. Saying that, con x jags are pretty nice as con hybrids go. There's a few pics floating about MFK of some sweet con x jags.

Skinned

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2015
Jaguars are so beautiful as they are. Give him a nice jag lass to beat around!

TroyMIfishkeeper

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2015
Troy, Michigan USA
Damn, I'm liking that electric blue Dempsey x jag, same with the "manaconda." But does anybody know if the parents actually paired up, or if the breeder did the fertilization through a divider thing? I'd prefer that the fish just pair up to save me the hassle. I know RTM and Dovii have been known to pair up easily with jags.

fisheatfish

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2008
OC, CA
They wouldn't be white/pink as the jag would not carry the pink gene. However crossing the fry (if they are fertile) would theoretically create them as these would carry the pink gene. Crossing a female back to the father would certainly be an option. The problem is that most con crosses look kinda fugly as they always tend to look much more convict than anything else. Saying that, con x jags are pretty nice as con hybrids go. There's a few pics floating about MFK of some sweet con x jags.
I agree with the "fugliness" from most con crosses. That's why I suggested the white/pink cons for a little color. I've never crossed any cons because there are more interesting fishes out there (to me anyway). Would be interesting to see though.

Al KW Tan

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2019
I saw these at a lfs. The owner said they're jag & red devil hybrids. Not too friendly fish.
What do you guys think? ?

IMG_20210313_142124.jpg

IMG_20210313_142159.jpg

Last edited:

maxstillen

Dovii
MFK Member
May 10, 2007
Denver, CO
You can try red dovii with jag. That's my project. Just waiting on frys to get larger so I can start culling. I see a few faders at less than an 1 inch already.

Reactions: Al KW Tan

Al KW Tan

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2019
You can try red dovii with jag. That's my project. Just waiting on frys to get larger so I can start culling. I see a few faders at less than an 1 inch already.
Nice. Perhaps you can share pictures on how they turned up to be

Reactions: maxstillen
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store