Jardini

RedestWing

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2006
Canton,michigan
Hello Folks, just need some advice and opinions on my new Jardini. I have had him for bout a week now and have been trying to feed many diff things just to get sum food in his belly. I notice he scares VERY easy when I raise my canopy and then he lets the food fall to the bottom where my Red Wolf inhales it :irked: I have tried BH, NiteCrawlers, Krill, Plankton, Pellets and he just goes about his buissness. I have notice him have Bowel movements and its coming out white. Is this normal? I had Discus before and when they had white Fecies it meant there was an intestinal problem. So any advice would be very helpful :D

125 gallon
1 Golden Pearl Jardini
1 Red Wold

hazmat101

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2006
NH
i just got a jardini a week ago too, and he is doing the same thing, i havent seen him poop in a couple of nights so i dont know what it is now, but he had the white poop. and mine alos scares very easly. i dont know much, but i would probly go get some crickets (small) and get some food into him for a few days, then dont feed him for 2-3 days so he is snaping at anything that touches the water, then give him the krill, or ive been told that u can rub the crickets on the krill or vise versa, then feed him the crickets that smell like the krill, then slowly ween him off of them. what is your tank like? planted, bare, just gravel? the last few days i have been toying with the idea that mine is so spaztic because he is in a bare tank. also i cant get mine up off the bottom, are u haveing the same prob? i added aqu. salt but it didnt do much good, im going to do a water change now and see what hes like tomarrow.
keep me updated.

HiGhTiMeZ

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2006
Montreal, Canada
www.friendster.com
hes just not adjusted to the tank yet guys. some fish adjust very quick and some dont... just giv the fella some time! :) cheers! they wud be taking food in ur hands in no time! :headbang2

RedestWing

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2006
Canton,michigan
wasnt so much worried bout feeding, just the white poo sorta concerned me...lol. Did not know if it was a sign of intestinal probs or not. Thanks for the Advice tho ;). By the way, the Tank is Planted. Used to be a Discus tank but got rid of the ole wuss fish to get somthin diff

hazmat101

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2006
NH
i know that your supost to give em time, but i just havent had a fish that has taken this long to get ajustid. i got mine to eat the krill, or atack it i should say. are they all wild cought??? i realy dont know much about the jar.s just piced him up cuz he was almost jet black in the fish store. and he was 15 bucks cheeper then the fish stores within 10miles of my house. and i just happend to be comming back from my dads house in NH and decied to stop lol

RedestWing

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2006
Canton,michigan
Yeah, I have had fish go 3-4 weeks with no food b4 they began to eat. One thing I have learned over the years tho is DO NOT try to do to much to make things right. I swear you cause more harm that way

RedestWing

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2006
Canton,michigan
He/she about 6" maybe lil under. Very Active tho :D Likes to watch my EVERY move til I get near the tank.... Then its thrashing everywhere knocking into the Red Wolf I have :screwy:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store