Jebao DCP 8000 Unboxing

fishguy306

Peacock Bass
Community Vendor
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2005
Illinois
Oh no doubt. I've considered a couple times just putting a sump under the first floor tank, it is only a 150 gal so I wouldn't need a very big pump, would save me a lot of power. But the issue is I want it all on the same system. I like how much water the Hammerhead moves but it is just too noisy for my liking. So I guess we'll see. Hopefully the 18000 can still move a lot of water at 10' plus, I may grab one if so.

fishguy306

Peacock Bass
Community Vendor
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2005
Illinois
Sorry for taking over your thread Fish Tank Travis Fish Tank Travis , but figured this is a good place to post more info on these pumps.

I've heard a bit more from Fish Street, though not a whole lot. They are positive there isn't a 20000. Weird the manual lists one, but in any case there is a 18000. They have it however they haven't had a chance to put it online yet or do any tests on it. They advised they were busy and were not sure when it would happen. Kind of weird. I advised what they though it would do with 15' of head, they were not sure what exactly I was asking.

So hopefully tonight they get back to me, but at the moment I'm not sure they will have more info or if this pump will put out enough under that much head. It is supposed to be able to do something like 7.5 meters but not sure what the flow will be like.

Fish Tank Travis

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2016
Dayton, OH
Very nice! I believe that is a 36W pump, but the pump itself doesn't look a whole lot different in size than my 8000, but I could be wrong. It looks like it can still flow a little over 7000lph (1850gph) at 3m (almost 10ft). How many did you buy and where did you get them from?

fishguy306

Peacock Bass
Community Vendor
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2005
Illinois
I just got one of them, I bought it from Fish Street. I'm pretty impressed, I ordered it from them over the weekend, it shipped out Monday and arrived yesterday, it shipped out of Hong Kong. Not a bad transit time to Chicago. I only got one, it was $170 and has to be purchased through their special order form at the moment, it isn't listed on their site yet.

As for the pump, it seems the pump body is a bit bigger than the 10000 though I'm just going by memory, I won't have a chance to compare them until tomorrow. That said I know for sure both the controller and the power block are larger.

Yeah, at 3 meters it should do about 1850 GPH, I'm hoping from there the drop off isn't too bad, I'm hoping to power a 150 gal tank on the first floor with the sump in the basement. Best I can figure is it is 5' up, 6' over, 7' more up through the floor and to the top of the tank. There it splits in a T to each end and over into the tank. I'm estimating 15 or 16' of head. If I get anything over 1000 gph I'd be happy but I'm not sure it'll happen. I am using 2" pipe so that should help.

Something that does concern me, looking through the connections, I don't recall seeing anything larger than a 1.25" connection just like the smaller pumps. I'd really hope they would have at least a 1.5" connection but maybe not. I'll update that fully once I give it a good look tomorrow.

Fish Tank Travis

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2016
Dayton, OH
If you want an estimate of the flow at the higher head height, you can draw an extension of the flow graph provided, to scale, and then draw a line from the end of the flow curve given up to the max head height. It won't be perfect, but it will be pretty close.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store