Jebao DCP 8000 Unboxing

Fish Tank Travis

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2016
Dayton, OH
Based on the date of my first post, I have had these pumps running for about a year and a half now. In that time, I’ve only had two hiccups, which were actually the same issue. Basically, the power in the area glitched for half a second or so and when the pumps restarted, one of the errored out and stopped. However, the other started up and my tank at least ran at half flow until I got home and discovered what happened. Again, there have only been two instances of this happening in the last year and a half. Other that that, they have been performing extremely well. They are still running extremely silent and their flow is just as powerful as it was on day one. I can tell because I have not touched my herbie overflows and the pumps are still on the same setting to keep them submerged. I do regular water changes on my tank every week where they are shut down while I drain and refill the tank and sump. So far, they have started back up without issue each week.

Overall, I am extremely pleased with these pumps, especially given their price compared to other brands.

If anyone has any specific questions, please don’t hesitate to let me know.

Reactions: jaws7777

Wolfen

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2018
Los Angeles
Based on the date of my first post, I have had these pumps running for about a year and a half now. In that time, I’ve only had two hiccups, which were actually the same issue. Basically, the power in the area glitched for half a second or so and when the pumps restarted, one of the errored out and stopped. However, the other started up and my tank at least ran at half flow until I got home and discovered what happened. Again, there have only been two instances of this happening in the last year and a half. Other that that, they have been performing extremely well. They are still running extremely silent and their flow is just as powerful as it was on day one. I can tell because I have not touched my herbie overflows and the pumps are still on the same setting to keep them submerged. I do regular water changes on my tank every week where they are shut down while I drain and refill the tank and sump. So far, they have started back up without issue each week.

Overall, I am extremely pleased with these pumps, especially given their price compared to other brands.

Thank you
Is the warranty 1 year?

Fish Tank Travis

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2016
Dayton, OH
I’m not sure about the warranty. I’ve never had to try to use it.

If the pump does error out for some reason, in my case a glitch in the power grid, you will have to unplug the pump and plug it back in to restart it.

Wolfen

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2018
Los Angeles
I’m not sure about the warranty. I’ve never had to try to use it.

If the pump does error out for some reason, in my case a glitch in the power grid, you will have to unplug the pump and plug it back in to restart it.
i wonder if a surge protector would eliminate this

Fish Tank Travis

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2016
Dayton, OH
i wonder if a surge protector would eliminate this
I have a surge protector on it. I’m not sure why it does it. It only does it if the power glitches really quickly though. If it goes out and comes back on a few seconds, minutes, hours later, then there is no problem.

RemainVayne

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2017

Did you hard pipe or use braided tube?

I'm going to use 1.25" pvc, along with the slip adapter provided, but I don't understand if I'm supposed to glue my pvc into the black adapter or not?

Fish Tank Travis

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2016
Dayton, OH
You do have to glue the PVC into the adapter. Make sure you use a glue that is made for PVC to ABS connections. I glued in a short bit of pipe and installed shut off valves on each of mine before using 1” vinyl tubing and barb fittings to go up to the tank.

Reactions: RemainVayne
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store