Jebao pumps

Red_Man

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2010
Indiana
Got my DCT4000s yesterday (Saturday). Had a power supply fail today. Ordered them from Amazon and submitted a claim. Should have the replacement on or before Wednesday.

Plugged them in and one had a bind and wouldn't fire up. Controller was signaling "pump stop" fault. Other one fired right up. Took the intake cover off and gave the impeller a spin and I felt the rotor free up as I was rotating it. Put it all back together and it fired up and got to work. Oddly the power supply gave when I had it on "FEED" mode. The pump started to rev back up and boom. I looked at the specs on the given power supply and just went ahead and ordered a power supply with double the amperage handling. I'll let everyone know if I continue to have issues.

JohnTr

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2015
Thanks for all of your reviews. I was offline in a couple days. Some are good and some are bad about jebao pump. What is your suggestion about a new return pump, brand and model? Thank you.

aldiaz33

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2007
Bay Area
Laguna Max Flo pumps are in my opinion the best quality to price you can get. They are also more efficient than any pump I know of and they run very quiet.
I've been running their largest model (4200) for 7 years now and it's been flawless, still going strong. I have a back-up that's just been sitting on the shelf collecting dust. I'm starting to wonder if I should swap them, but I'm curious to see how long it'll run.
I never owned Jebaos, but can vouch for Lagunas.

nzafi

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2008
USA
One of the things I think people think about these is the opportunity for voltage leakage. I had one of their powerheads leaking voltage into my tank. Everyone focuses on the cost and that you can replace 4 times and still spend less.

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
One of the things I think people think about these is the opportunity for voltage leakage. I had one of their powerheads leaking voltage into my tank. Everyone focuses on the cost and that you can replace 4 times and still spend less.
Of course people are going to have different experiences with products from the same manufacturer (even non-Chinese), but recently I tested my new DCQ-3500 (2018 model) for any voltage leakage in a water bucket before installation -- it barely nudged the needle a bar or two.

Moments later I tested the regular submersible pump it was replacing (a rather newish Sonic AP 3500 (2800 l/hr, 2.8m HP, 60 watts vs. DCQ-3500's 3500 l/hr, 3.0m HP, 28 watts) -- and the needle jumped up about 5 or 6 bars. Still very acceptable level but seems the 24v dc pump is the even safer solution. (Sonic pumps are also Chinese made but in years of using many different models, I've personally never had an issue with one, they're quite dependable).

Orthopod

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2010
Seattle
I have 2 pumps from the manufacturer and they are definitely wearing down and inflating the temperature of my tank.

Oughtsix

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2011
Redmond, OR
I have been running a DCT-8000 for about a year. No problems. I like the "Feed" function.

The controller will allow me to slow the pump down to much lower GPH's than I expected. The top flow rate doesn't seem to live up the the flow rates of my equivalently rated AC pumps. If you are going to buy a Jebao pump I would recommend buy at least a size... or two larger than what you think you will need. They reduce the flow nicely but you can't push it higher than its max if it is not enough.

I will be buying one of the big Jebao pumps when I get my 180g tank up and running.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store