Jeremy Wade is back!

Steve_C

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2017
Royal Oak, Michigan
www.midwestcustomflyrods.com

Was a real bummer when they ended River Monsters last season, but at the final of the show Jeremy somewhat eluded to something that made it sound like he was going to be back. Over the weekend it was announced, he'll be back in a new series in the next couple months starting a show called Mighty Rivers. Most likely will be river monsters but without having to do all the "fish killed this guy" story line so should be a really good show I cant wait :)

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Glad to see it make a return.

elting44

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2007
Salina, KS
without having to do all the "fish killed this guy" story line so should be a really good show I cant wait :)
Let's hope so. The dramatics and fanfare would make the show hard to watch for me.

I'd much rather the show be "watch this guy try to catch this large fish" rather than "watch this guy try to catch a large fish while we show you dramatizations of snakeheads murdering people with spears and pacu performing castrations"

Steve_C

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2017
Royal Oak, Michigan
www.midwestcustomflyrods.com
That's actually how he started out years ago on TV. I remember back about 10 yrs ago he had a series called "Jungle hooks" which didn't have all the murderous fish story line and it was really good. So sounds like they are going back to more of how he started which is good. I didn't mind the killer fish stuff too much, but some of it was rather goofy at times. Killer king salmon and killer muskies were a bit of a stretch to say the least :D

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Awesome! I read Jeremy's book, it seems like he's had a rough time over the years and river monsters is his lifes work. Keep it coming! :D

elting44

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2007
Salina, KS
That's actually how he started out years ago on TV. I remember back about 10 yrs ago he had a series called "Jungle hooks" which didn't have all the murderous fish story line and it was really good. So sounds like they are going back to more of how he started which is good. I didn't mind the killer fish stuff too much, but some of it was rather goofy at times. Killer king salmon and killer muskies were a bit of a stretch to say the least :D
Nice, I will have to look for the Jungle Hooks series and see if I can find it.

skerzfan skerzfan had a run in with a tiger muskie while fishing out of a float tube. Landing and releasing from an inflatable turned into an ordeal, luckily he didn't become a statistic

AG458

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2017
This is exciting news! I was sad when river monsters ended; I felt like the fish aspect of the show was awesome, and it introduced me to new species of fish I had never heard of. The piraiba, goonch, needlefish? All new for me! Yes, it was dramatic, but it left you guessing as to what fish was the culprit until the end of the show, when Jeremy Wade would catch it. The guessing part was fun for me. Another new show, with more monster fish? I'll be recording this when it airs!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store