Jojo the red tail starting size 2.5 inches and thanks giving the tiger shovel nose

MonsterMinis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2009
Wisconsin
Interesting video... glad everyone made the transistion fine. I would have used a clean towel/pillowcase to catch/move them in the future if you need to. at that size standard fish nets can break. When we move our guys i'll see if I can get a video of what I do to move large fish. Nice thign about being the woman of the house.. lol I don't get yelled at for useing the towels/pillowcases.

necrocanis

Catfish God
Staff member
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2005
montana
I use to just grab my catfish with my hands when I would move them. It's easier that way lol. I had to move them around so much one year that the koi sock net I had broke. So when I would move my big hybrid 3'+ I would just grab him out of the water and take him thrashing to where he needed to be. :) he'd be pretty pissed at me for a few days afterward.

MonsterMinis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2009
Wisconsin
LOL cliff.. I can only visualize wrangling a 3' at my size and weight... But the towels work really well to help hold the pectoral fins flat again their body is mainly why I use them... learned the trick years ago from one of my old managers.. used it many a times to move big common plecos ( since we where always haveing them donated, and always haveing someone want them. to this day I hate common plecos for this reason alone lol) But I digress! The sling idea works well to.. might be worth it for 3's if you need 2 people to lift the weight.

Hows the finger feeling? make sure it doesn't get infected! those wounds can be nasty!

greenbud

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2009
Belfast maine
www.mudmower.com
My thumbs swelling went down by the next morning so its fine now. out of 21 gold fish only 6 where there this morning so some one likes there new home. Jojo is sulking i bought a large teracota pot to make another smill threw cave for him

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store