Gold Tier Josh's fish, Esteemed Academic

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
For MAY end of month voting

Those of us who dwell in the ancient fish forum may know Josh's Fish Josh's Fish quite well; he is one of the big scientific heavyweights in the section. Josh has worked extensively with scientists and scientific data to bring some game-changing information to MFK and the hobby as a whole. His work has focused mainly on polypterus and African Arowana where he has been a leader on new information about these groups of fish, as well as texts on preservation and breeding of polypterus. For this reason I believe he is deserving of the distinguished academic (silver) award.

Here are some links to works that he has posted on MFK:

All bichir species (He says this is outdated by now, but is still stellar quality)

Information on breeding:

How to preserve bichirs:

True diet (and care) of African arowana

While few in in number, his articles are widely used on the forum and some of the highest quality on here :D

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Those of us who dwell in the ancient fish forum may know Josh's Fish Josh's Fish quite well; he is one of the big scientific heavyweights in the section. Josh has worked extensively with scientists and scientific data to bring some game-changing information to MFK and the hobby as a whole. His work has focused mainly on polypterus and African Arowana where he has been a leader on new information about these groups of fish, as well as texts on preservation and breeding of polypterus. For this reason I believe he is deserving of the distinguished academic (silver) award.

Here are some links to works that he has posted on MFK:

All bichir species (He says this is outdated by now, but is still stellar quality)

Information on breeding:

How to preserve bichirs:

True diet (and care) of African arowana

While few in in number, his articles are widely used on the forum and some of the highest quality on here :D
Yes absolutely has my vote. I'm waiting for his book to be available for sale.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Bumping this up for the poly gang

deeda

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
Medina, Ohio