Just a Question...

AG458

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2017
My endlicheri loves eating shrimp pellets, and because my bass can't fit them in his mouth, he's having his fill. However, my pbass is coming REALLY close to swallowing the shrimp pellets before they even hit the ground. I'm at the point where I have to put in more than one Hikari pellet at a time for the bass just so the endli can eat a shrimp pellet. Even then, my bass is inhaling the Hikari pellets very quickly, and will have the shrimp pellet in his mouth before the endli can get to it. How can I feed my poly before my pbass steals all of his food?

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
My endlicheri loves eating shrimp pellets, and because my bass can't fit them in his mouth, he's having his fill. However, my pbass is coming REALLY close to swallowing the shrimp pellets before they even hit the ground. I'm at the point where I have to put in more than one Hikari pellet at a time for the bass just so the endli can eat a shrimp pellet. Even then, my bass is inhaling the Hikari pellets very quickly, and will have the shrimp pellet in his mouth before the endli can get to it. How can I feed my poly before my pbass steals all of his food?

You may have to feed Endli at night or purchase special tongs to spot feed Endli. You could also try pvc pipe to drop the pellet in the area of the Endli.

Reactions: clm08k and AG458

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
This is the ever raging battle i fight with keeping cichlids and polys.

Like tlindsey suggested tried spot feeding or adter lights out.

For some reason my pearsei is scared of blue light. Its the only way i can feed pellets with some sort of light on.

Polyaddict86

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 1, 2016
Yey bay bay
What i do is i attrack the pbass to go one side ofe the tank, drop food on the side where the pbass is then once the pbass has your attention i would drop food on the other side of the tank.

Another trick to is i would slowly drop food in the tank, drop two or three pieces at a time, pbass will like ly eat two pellet and the third will drop in the bottom, i have aros,gars and pbass in the tank so i make sure i drop enough atleast five to six tilapia, when my aro and pbass are bc eating i drop more so it will hit the bottom for my poly.
This trick to will make the poly more alert that its feeding time cause they can smell the food that the aro and bass are eating, so the polys will start to more around searching for food, so once the food hit the bottom the poly will grab it right aways.

Reactions: clm08k
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store