Just another grow out thread

Swflfisheries

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2016
Well been making some progress on getting the 375 all together so I can get it set up picked up a 150 gallon tank to use as a sump and got the dividers siliconed in place IMG_1364.JPG

But unfortunately with everything that's been going on lately I had ignored my water changes in the 80 gallon so I decided to do a large water change about 80% or so and upon the tank filling I noticed the rutilus moving rather irractically, and I've read the horror stories of these fish not coping well with large water changes and sure enough he began to have what I assume were ceizures so I tried putting him in front of the power head but unfortunately I lost him. all other fish in the tank seem to be doing fine so not sure what exactly caused this but can only keep moving forward from here and try to take what I can from it IMG_1372.JPG IMG_1374.JPG IMG_1375.JPGIMG_1376.JPG

He was smaller then I had originally thought but had a serious upturn in his feeding habits the week before his death idk if this had some contribution to his death or not.

I went and found this stunning little hybrid at an lfs just up the road from me and just had to have him, to help fill up some of the empty space that'll be in the 375 once they make the move IMG_1361.JPGIMG_1367.JPG

He has no issues feeding and hopefully won't take long to start putting on some size

Reactions: Chub_by

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
Sorry to hear of the loss. But with one tsn I don't think you have any space in a 375 for a hybrid.

Swflfisheries

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2016
im hoping to have it up and going by the end of the month so it can start cycling then all fish moved in by next month

Reactions: Chub_by

Swflfisheries

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2016
Sorry to hear of the loss. But with one tsn I don't think you have any space in a 375 for a hybrid.
Yes I am well aware that the 375 will house neither the TSN or hybrid for its life it is just a mere stepping stone in this game of monster fish keeping, so if I get a year or so of comfortable living for them out of it I will be more then happy

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store