Just came home to an almost empty tank

manafel

Exodon
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2012
tulsa, oklahoma
Well. Got home from work today... And I opened my door to the horrifying sound of dry impellars going and filters running dry... My 210 tank that is in my apartment living room is about 60% empty right now and it's because the output for my eheim 2262 SOMEHOW fell out of the tank and pumped the water onto the floor... Now the carpet in my whole living room is wet and so is the stand...I don't even know if my pumps are trashed or not right now... I'm sitting here on my couch still in shock... Anyone have a good idea on how to move this massive thing to keep the carpet under the stand from molding? What's the best way to get about 110 gallons of water out of my carpet?

Sent from my HTCONE using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

uploadfromtaptalk1402614966997.jpg

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
Home Depot rents massive fans for wet carpet. Last time this happened to me I upped the temperature in the house to 82 and ran those fans. Didn't even pull the carpet back. Was dry about about 2-3 days

Sent from my SM-N900T using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

tiger15

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2012
SNJ
Sorry to hear your accident. You have to replace the carpet because once it gets soaked up and dry again, it will wrinkle and smell fishy forever.

This is why I don't trust canister filter. When it fails, it can drain the tank by design.

manafel

Exodon
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2012
tulsa, oklahoma
I just got a call back from the complex's maintenance and they will be here in about an hour and they have a carpet company otw.

Sent from my HTCONE using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

kendragon

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2009
Bummer. Gotta look at it as tank half full. Keep positive.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store