Just sharing a few pics of my Payara...

A

AquaAlex1993

Thanks for the kind words. They are great fish to just sit and watch. The larger they get more exciting.
So in terms of care, what is needed for them? Is there care similar to a barracuda? Will one get along with a trio of red tail cudas wide bar silverdollars and angelfish a chocolate cichlid and severum?

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
So in terms of care, what is needed for them? Is there care similar to a barracuda? Will one get along with a trio of red tail cudas wide bar silverdollars and angelfish a chocolate cichlid and severum?
It will eat the cudas, and probably kill the others eventually when it gets larger and more territorial. SD will probably be the best out of the fish you have.

A fish I hope to keep one day. Requires a very large set up. I think with a few thousand gallons it may be possible to get the to their full potential. Don't know if I'll ever be able to do that. Hopefully someone can figure out the secret soon. Sucks seeing all the dead specimens.

Reactions: Quason778

Quason778

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 23, 2014
Washington, DC
IME Armatus grow fairly quick and need a lot of space. If they have any fish that are similar in size they will eat or kill, just my experience. I've never had barracuda, so I really can't chime in on them. I kept mine with peacock bass, silver dollars, wolf fish, and different catfish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store