keeping cat away from pets

Crazy mike

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 22, 2012
Vacaville,California
Maybe you should try introducing them in a controlled environment when the kitten is still young. Put friends not food into its mind a young age I guess.

Idk, just throwing darts at a wall here.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
It would work for turtle but the others eh not so much. Unless you train animals for a living most people couldn't make a bored cat ignore a gerbil

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Ian21777

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 16, 2012
England
Replace the tetramin lid with something more substantial?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Ash

I dum care =]
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 27, 2005
Tampa
Keep the kitten in another room when you are not home and only let it in the room with the other pets when it can be watched. I never really had issues with my cat getting into anything. I had a frog, bearded dragon, dog and fish. They were also to high for her to jump up onto. She never really head an interest in them though. I just did what I could to make sure it is all secure and I would normally close my door when I wasn't home. I've heard of people using spray bottles with water to spray their cats if it got on the counter to teach it to stay off the counters and stuff. I don't know if it works but you can give that idea a shot.

kevinfleming21

Jurassic Aquatics
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2010
Chandler, AZ
You never know what personality the kitten will have. My cat loves my dogs, fish, and is even buddies with the hamster. Never bothers him when he is in his little ball. Just supervise visits.

petspoiler

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
rural Calif.
ducktape all your lid items down tight = kitty-proof + peace of mind.
Half my house is held together with ducktape & twine.

Pole

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
Here
You never know what personality the kitten will have. My cat loves my dogs, fish, and is even buddies with the hamster. Never bothers him when he is in his little ball. Just supervise visits.
her brother has once sneaked in and tried to get the gerbils...and he sneaked in during the water change. could always be an outside cat...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store