Gold Tier Kendragon, Esteemed Contributor

haynchinook334

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2008
\m/(O_o)\m/
For real? I've seen some got nominated/award with nothing but Internet second hand information, while Kendragon information is from personal knowledge and experiment.
I know right. Ken works better on a " person to person" base anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
For real? I've seen some got nominated/award with nothing but Internet second hand information, while Kendragon information is from personal knowledge and experiment.
Do you really think that there wouldn't be some growing pains with this program? Read the rules.

I know right. Ken works better on a " person to person" base anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Agreed. He's helped me as well. I spent over a grand on one of his bioglass filters because I was so impressed. I'm not saying he doesn't deserve the award; but the rules are the rules.

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
It's a little disapointing to see the nomination thread for such a deserving member being turned into debate over past awards or symantics over the rules. If you agree with the nomination vote YES, if not state why or abstaine. The rules are clearly posted for all to see, the reason for supporting evadance if for those not familiar with the nominy to see wht they are nominated and then vote accordingly if you are familiar with the nominy you know why they were nominated and whouldn't need to see supporting evadance. It's clear to me so where's the confusion? If I don't know the nominy I read the threads to support the nomination, if I do I can vote based on past knowledeg or experiance. Ken is a solid contributor, let's not disrespect his nomination or what he has contributed by bickering over this. Please.

HULON

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 14, 2009
in the now!!
KenDragan was instrumental in (My Ultimate filtration thread evolving with your fish) witch i believe has helped many:)Also When i change or upgrade my filtration i will add to the thread ..All the while getting advice and throwing ideas off ken:)

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
+1 on Ken getting a platinum award. He deserves more then gold.

I bought UVs from a company and their tech support was friendly, but didn't seem too keen on crunching numbers. We all know everyone's systems are different and therefore requirements differ. How can you expect to achieve optimum performance by generalizing? You can't.

The proof of Ken's ability to help-

Tech support for the UVs I bought advised me I'd need a 3rd UV to achieve level 2 sterilization and in my application I was barely hitting level 1 with 220 watts. They were stuck in the idea I needed to slow flow.

Ken crunched the numbers and came up with 140KJ/cm^2. The much higher number coming from factoring in the high turnover ray keepers typically use, something that apparently the people that make the UVs I bought couldn't do. Ken explained how he got what he got and also explained that my numbers were high enough that another UV was nothing more then a waste of money.

Ken crunched my numbers even though I haven't bought anything from the company he works for yet..... He's helped me more then anyone has with my system hands down.

HULON

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 14, 2009
in the now!!
Well this is just great glad to see this!!!!

Rayne

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2010
Congrats Ken. Well deserved!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store