Kewpie's Pewpie err Fish

kewpiefishypewpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2016
Same here. I am tired of managing aggression.

Also consider rainbows, and cribroheros cichlids like robertsoni, rostratum, alfari, altifrons etc..
Yeah I prefer to relax when looking at my tanks, if the fish are stressed I'm stressed. One of many reasons I'm leaning towards keeping more polys. Thanks for the suggestions

cichlidfish

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2005
Yeah I prefer to relax when looking at my tanks, if the fish are stressed I'm stressed. One of many reasons I'm leaning towards keeping more polys. Thanks for the suggestions
I agree. And polys are fascinating fish to watch. Very relaxing.
If I ever keep something aggressive again, it will be a single wet pet with no tankmates.

Reactions: kewpiefishypewpie

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
If I ever keep something aggressive again, it will be a single wet pet with no tankmates.
Believe me I wish my sen could stay in the 8 gallon for life on my desk. So busy and follows my finger a little too

Reactions: cichlidfish

cichlidfish

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2005
Believe me I wish my sen could stay in the 8 gallon for life on my desk. So busy and follows my finger a little too
Do you have any cichlids at the moment? I remember you had an aggressive salvini that you got rid of.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Nope. Planning a scape for the 8 gal now that may include an apisto female, there is someone near me breeding 3 bar apistos, apparently more mellow than the wild caught fish :)

Would love some kribs but don't have a tank for them right now

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Completely agree with this statement 100% i toyed with the idea for a quick minute in adding other ca/sa to the 300 but in the end am happy that i left it just thr pearsei and polys

Haha uggh i remember the endless musical tanks when trying to get cichlid comms to work out

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
I sold my only cichlid. Got a poly, problem solved :p

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
I also have to give the fish their due as many of my issues were from poor planning and possibly improper resesrch. Lets not kid ourselves either though polys are less aggressive their are exceptions to the rule and every now and then a trouble maker pops up. Ive had a few myself

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store