Killer Loach

shecky71

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2006
Indianapolis
www.myspace.com
Has anyone ever heard of a Loach killing off fish?

A friend of mine had a tank that was neglected over a period of 1 month or so. He had a Clown loach, Leopard loach(?), Two other fish and a plecto. He told me he had not fed them in about two weeks. The only fish left in the tank was a mature(4years) Leopard Loach, and two Platys. Did the Loach eat the other fish? Would it? I have never heard of such a thing but there were no signs of the other fish at all.

brettrotchell

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2006
Oakville
i dont know about killing the fish but he would have eaten them if they just died . and then there would be know sign of them in the tank . that is weird i dought he killed them though

johno27

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2006
Eastpointe MI
I would not suggest telling stories about neglecting fish/animals on a forum dedicated to the proper care of said creatures. But hey that is just me ;)

I hope your friend is locked in a closet for a month :D

shecky71

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2006
Indianapolis
www.myspace.com
johno27;501763; said:
I would not suggest telling stories about neglecting fish/animals on a forum dedicated to the proper care of said creatures. But hey that is just me ;)

I hope your friend is locked in a closet for a month :D
:iagree:
I don't appreciate what he did at all. That is why I am taking his tank and the remaining fish!
I will give them the proper attention.

Pufferpack

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 20, 2005
Alberta
Not sure what species a "Leopard Loach" is, but I have a couple aggressive Yoyo's that would not surprise me if they turned killer. I also have a Skunk Botia that would regularly kill off smaller fish, even killed a Dojo that was about twice it's size....the addition of 5 more Skunks stopped all killing....they are too busy chasing each other around to bother any other fish.

aldw

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 31, 2005
Las Vegas
They might cause stress and make it die and then kill it.
I think that my loaches helped kill my bicolor gobies along with the urau cichlids.
:frog:

aldw

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 31, 2005
Las Vegas
the uarus have gotten more aggressive

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store