KKP X Marble Con.

shenzhenluohan

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2007
Arborg MB, Canada
Hey guys, been a while since I posted in the hybrid forum as I've been busy with other projects. Anyway, I have a female KKP that I've had for a few months. She had paired up with my red sev, but IME that combination never works. She had laid for him about 4 times in the time they were together. So about a month back I put her in a 20 gallon with a big marble con who has quite a nice nuchal hump. they laid on Thursday, more than half the eggs turned white but she turned out to be quite a doting mother and cleaned them up quick. So now I have about 35 wigglers and I would say they should be free swimming by tomorrow. Nothing to show yet but pics to come as they start to swim.

shenzhenluohan

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2007
Arborg MB, Canada
i doubt the marbled gene will pass on to the young. but still should be nice hybrids!
It would be very cool if the marble gene was passed on though. I really don't know what to expect from this cross, but I'm guessing as KKP are already a hybrid there should be quite a range in looks.

Sent from my U8860 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

shenzhenluohan

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2007
Arborg MB, Canada
Well we've got free swimmers, not a lot but about 25 or so. I've removed the father but mom seems made for parenthood. Still too small to photograph but I'll keep trying to get a shot for you.

Sent from my U8860 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

FishFreak95

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2009
New Mexico
Congrats!
Theres actually a 0% chance of them being marbled. But they will all carry the gene. If you want marbling breed one of the hybrid females to a male marbled con. You could get 50% normal types and 50% marbled. But they're just fry so it will be a little while before you can do that.

you might get some faders though.

Look forward to more pictures when theyre older.

Sent from my SPH-D600 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store