Koi Growth Food Reccomendations

Beardogcichlids

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2017
That does seem extremely slow for growth. I am new to koi keeping but I did start my first koi pond this year. It's a little under 1000 gallons and I put around 15 small koi, 3"-6", butterfly and standard fin in to grow out this summer and then pick my favorites. I have been feeding hikari saki growth and have seen the fish put on around an inch of growth in the past 3 weeks, with the japanese imports growing even more, (I have a benigoi that's grown over an inch and a half in three weeks!). I have gone through almost a pound of food in that time frame too. The food is $20 for a 1lb bag on amazon but when you compare that with the cost of your pond and your fish it really isn't too bad if only temporarily. You can also get a 4 lb bag for less than $60. In my brief experience and with talking to some successful keepers I have found that good food, good water, and good genetics can really make your koi grow quickly. It's too late for you too control the genetics of your koi, but monitoring your water quality and feeding better and higher quantities of food should help you get a lot greater growth from your wet pets.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store