Kristinn’s tanks

Kristinn

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2017
Mostly a thread for myself to keep track and keep photos in one place. All discussion, tips and comments welcome nonetheless :)
Here are pics of the newest family member. A 15cm Erythrinus Erythrinus. Shoved himself inside a 10cm coconut cave shortly before a hunting spree. I will clearly have to make him a proper cave.

2FA1C018-3AFE-411B-BFDE-8458834362AD.jpeg

15334DF6-D9AA-4300-9047-76849E612953.jpeg

74B51FFC-ABD0-46AE-98F9-6D30F8607E9D.jpeg

Kristinn

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2017
I need some advice. I have been feeding the Erythtinus fish fillet and he loves it. I have a bunch of fillets in the freezer and so far I have been cutting of little pieces of it and thawing just a little bit at a time to feed. I was wandering if it would be okay to thaw a whole fillet, cut it to bite-size pieces and re-freeze it so I can just grab small pieces out of the freezer, ready to feed. I know you should not re-freeze fish for human consumptions but is it different for fishfood?

Reactions: Bbuckley

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
I need some advice. I have been feeding the Erythtinus fish fillet and he loves it. I have a bunch of fillets in the freezer and so far I have been cutting of little pieces of it and thawing just a little bit at a time to feed. I was wandering if it would be okay to thaw a whole fillet, cut it to bite-size pieces and re-freeze it so I can just grab small pieces out of the freezer, ready to feed. I know you should not re-freeze fish for human consumptions but is it different for fishfood?
I’d wait till it’s a bit softer and not completely thawed out. Then cut it up. That way don’t have to freeze. I do it all the time and requires a lot of pressure. If you have to thaw then make it quick but should be fine. I’d also soak the tilapia in some vitamin supplement. Why not switch to a pellet? It should take without any issue.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store