L183's Wont eat!

WolfFisho1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
how do i get my small little L183's to eat my algae wafers and the other sinkin foods? I put the food in and all it does is start to fall apart and after a day or so i have to siphon all of the stuff out!

All they do is eat the algae(which isnt bad just not as nutriuos!)

davo

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
England
what else have you tried? i have a few bags of certain prepared foods just because they were something i bought but they didn't eat- didn't like it at all. Can't remember which ones didn't go down, but one was a type of Hikari.

WyldFya

Baryancistrus demantoides
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2005
Moscow, ID
Keep in mind, if they are very small L183, they won't eat much. How big are yours?

WyldFya

Baryancistrus demantoides
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2005
Moscow, ID
How long have you had them also? Mine are quite finicky, and don't eat nearly as much as most ancistrus species. They are somewhat light eaters. I have found that they do like to eat beefheart.

davo

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
England
why don't you try some vegetables, i'm sure they'll appreciate it. Wyldfyas right, at 1" they won't be eating a lot. Some times they don't want to eat the food you want them to eat.

loach43

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
Indiana
My L163 prefers wardley's algae wafers over Hikari. The Wardley wafers STINK by comparison so I'm guessing that's why. Probably easier for the fishes sensory perceptors to dial in on where they landed in the tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store